Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Braidwood

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by meha king, Oct 7, 2016.

1. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

According to the DNR web page places like Braidwood are having a Youth Hunt over the weekend . Is there anybody taking out any youth hunters this weekend . If so show us some picks

2. 1quacker

1quacker Elite Refuge Member

Braidwood is Central Zone

3. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

We aren't allowed to use the "B" word on this forum....

CLS Posse, Jon C and 1quacker like this.
  4. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Well the whole Braidwood thing is over rated . I spoke to one of the DNR guys a few years ago and he suggested to go to Wolf Lake conservation area he called it a hidden gem. And as far as a braidwood post goes no one did it better then Sureshot 612 , he had some of the best post. So who is taking the Kids out no matter what zone . I would bet that the fathers out there are more pumped about going then the kids. Show and share pics.

5. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

Kinda Early For A Braidwood thread..you could have at least waited till december:dv

6. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Would like to hear from others who have gone to Wolf lake . It is a kind of different then the other public ones South. But it is a place that you should check out . If I was closer I would go there more often. If I was from Indy it would the cats azz. As far as Braidwood goes Dec. is good because its the only water open that = birds. Just to big of a crowd . Sureshot used to make me laugh , to know him on a personal level was totally different then what he put on a post. If you new him he would go out of his way to help you even though most would think he was a d---. he took kids hunting way before it was something to do. He took a pudgy necked kid they called pockets hunting all the time and one of the guys at work, called the white devil or von something or other ,would laugh all crazy . man another year to make some crazy memories

7. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

If you are speaking of William Powers State Recreation Area, it's a great place to have your very nice shore side blind burned out by the railroad employees, it is also a good place to watch immigrant hunters shoot and kill Tern's flying by and the occasional duck does pass through.

8. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Damian, If that is the place in northern Cook County , then yes that is the place. not sure sure about the blinds like I said I talked to the guy from the DNR a few years ago. 6 more days till the opener

9. papacharlie

papacharlie Senior Refuge Member

I was a Wolf Lake Hunter back in the day blinds 1&2 are next to the refuge wait for a EAST wind to blow the Mallards off the Lake and Geese are Nov good east wind misty day will bring'em out Lake map at DNR's places to hunt good fishing too

10. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Hay, Papacharlie so when was the last time you were hunting out there , When you mention an East wind you seem to be dialed in there are not to many guys like an East wind, I hunt a little spot that is the Bomb on an East wind.We don't get many of them but on those days others can sit back and watch the show . Pockets can you remember them.