Bread & Butter Pickled Jalapeños

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by deand1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. deand1

deand1 Refuge Member

Last year in hunting camp a guy came up with what he thought was a one off treat to have with drinks. He had a jar of jalapeños slices canned in a bread & butter solution. He got them from a specialty store. They were tasty on crackers etc.
    I raise my own peppers so I went looking on the internet and found several recipes for canning peppers in bread & butter solution. If you like peppers try this. Search the internet for a recipe that you like. I like to put onion rings and small carrots in with my peppers. That seems to take some of the heat out of the pepper and I can eat them alone if I want.

My last full Jar. Time to find some fresh peppers.

Peppers.JPG

Buttesmacker and callinfowl like this.
  2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

My grandma use to put up hundreds of jars of different things fish, meat, fowl, salsa, pesto, marinara/ pasta sauce and pretty much anything you can pickle.
    I love bread and butter pickles and peppers, although I'm trying to watch my salt intake, so I don't pickle things very often these days because if they are here I will eat them until they are gone.:yes:l
    That jar of peppers looks great, it would last about a week in my house.:tu

deand1 likes this.
  3. deand1

deand1 Refuge Member

A new batch of jalapeños, onions and carrots in Bread & Butter pickle solution.

IMG_2623.JPG

4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Those look awesome the only thing I would do different is add a handful of peeled whole garlic cloves.:yes :bow:bow:bow
    Care the recipe and processing method, I'll have a bunch of Jap's by the end of sept.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Dan:tu

deand1 likes this.