I have breathables and neoprene. I hunt in temps in single digits frequently and have hunted down to -4 degrees F. Durability: about a wash between the two (both types pretty durable, actually). Warmth: about a wash. My feet get cold in both of them when it gets below 20 degrees. Rest of me stays warm; proper layering is the key, the waders themselves....and I mean both breathables and neoprene ....provide NO insulating properties in and of themselves. Neoprene is about a cold as leather, in my experience. Breathables are far, FAR more comfortable to put on, wear, and take off than the neoprenes. Bottom line: I only wear the neos in very specific conditions, which comprise about 5% of my hunting. The other 95% of the time it's breathables all the way.