Breathable waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Iowa waterfowler, Aug 12, 2018 at 8:22 PM.

1. Iowa waterfowler

Iowa waterfowler New Member

I am looking at getting a set of breathable waders for early season and was wondering who makes a good pair. During colder times I use cabelas super mags and they seem to hold up pretty good. TIA

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Why only early season?? I hubtbresthables even during our late season in well below temps on the river and have never once missed neoprene.

3. Valleyhonker

Valleyhonker Refuge Member

Which ones are you using? I’m assuming a pair of insulated breathables? I’ve got my eye on the banded red zones but haven’t quite been able to pull the trigger on them yet.

4. Iowa waterfowler

I used to have a set of bone dry breathable waders and come late November and later it got cold standing waist deep in the water.

5. longtooth

longtooth Refuge Member

One of my passions is fly fishing, I have a pair of Simms guide waders that I've used in Sub-Zero weather and in hundred degree weather and also duck hunting. Now I know that probably doesn't answer your question but I also have not missed neoprene. But I will say this, if you want a really good pair they are expensive

6. buck_master_2001

The beauty of breathables is you control the insulation and how muc warmth you need or don’t need. If you got cold you didn’t later yet.

7. buck_master_2001

Any pair of breathables I’ve owned. It’s all on what you wear under them. However, now I have a pair of Red Zone insulated ones as of recently and love them.

8. Valleyhonker

Valleyhonker Refuge Member

I’ve been using a pair of cabelas uninsulated breathables the last two years, but they’ve developed some pin hole leaks. I agree, layering is key and make them way more comfortable and versatile. Since the uninsulated’s did get a little chilly in 0-10 degree temps I am looking at insulated ones. The red zones look like the best option to me.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  9. Iowa waterfowler

I have just looked a Rogers toughman 3 in 1 waders online I will have to check out the red zones

10. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Gator Waders. Got a pair of insulated breathable before last season and I will never go back to neoprene. These are well made and comfortable.

Iowa waterfowler likes this.