Browning A5 light primer strike ideas

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Nocalhonker, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

My friends a5 is light striking it is 3 years old worked fine but he cleaned it then it started I’m going to check it out. Possible butt stock spring hammer spring etc

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Send it back. They have a warranty. Use it. They are getting bombarded with those guns. Just sent mine back for the 3rd time. Either way, when it comes back it’s gone.

3. Teal Tags

Teal Tags Refuge Member

Bad firing pin retainer pin, I would bet he buggered it up removing it and now the firing pin is hanging up on it

4. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

Update so I got the gun in hand when it was cleaned he took out the trigger assembly and bolt but neither was disassembled. It was sprayed down with break free wiped clean and reassembled. I took it back apart and when I disassembled the bolt I found some build up in the bolt, so I cleaned it out and reassembled. He test fired six rounds with no issues, before he couldn't get 3 in a row. So we are hoping that is all it was.

5. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

I had this happen to my BGH. I replaced the hammer spring w/a Wolff replacement (stiffer) and sold it. And that's too bad as I like how the gun shot & patterned.