Browning and Remington

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by GH101, Dec 31, 2003.

1. GH101

GH101 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Are the choke tubes the same thread, what I mean can a browning choke fit a Remington gun and vise versa.

I saw some chokes on ebay and it said Browning / Remington, I have never heard of this but new things come out every day.

2. kwsmith

kwsmith Elite Refuge Member

i wouldn't think remngton and browning would be interchangeable, unless it's for the real older model brownings. the later brownings had the invector-+ barrels, and were back-bored. as far as i know, the remingtons were standard bore.

3. GH101

GH101 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

4. Thurman 2018

Thurman 2018 New Member

Does anybody know if there Versa Max front stock has a gap between it and barrel it looks like there was rubber pieces there before my gun is brand new never been shot before but leaves a little play when put together?

Attached Files:

5. hunting1

hunting1 Refuge Member

Almost every versamax as play in the forend. You can try tightening the cap a little more but seems to be the number one gripe about the gun and about the only thing you can do about it just get used to it. I'm sure some other members on here may have some remedies. I have seen several but to me it's not that big a deal and I'm used to mine

Thurman 2018 likes this.
  6. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Factory threads different between chokes. Brownings brand did make a run of Rem choke threaded extended tubes several years ago as after mkt. replacements . I bought a couple for kids guns from Midwest guns on clearance a while back and they shoot fine.

7. Thurman 2018

Thurman 2018 New Member

I was curious if the underside of everyone’s fore stock looked the same as mine where you see 3 black tabs that are gone, if something was there to fill the gap I would have zero issues with it, it’s not the forward/back play it’s the up/down.

Attached Files:

8. hunting1

hunting1 Refuge Member

Mine looks exactly the same although if I run my finger over it it does feel as if there is a rubber coating on the 3 black spots. It's only a mm or 2 thick

9. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

10. hunting1

hunting1 Refuge Member

It's a very common problem Thurman. Some googleing will net you a lot of discussion about it. I bought mine knowing about it from all the research I did beforehand. Remedies vary from placing the butt on the floor, pushing down hard on the forearm and tightening to buying some small adhesive rubber tabs to place in the gap. I remember one guy saying he heated the whole forearm up in the oven then carefully squeezed it together in a vise and afterwards said it was rock solid. Don't think I would try that one. It is a bit unsettling at first but I've not noticed it when actually shooting at birds. Plenty of comments from the haters saying at that cost shouldn't have a problem like that. Can't disagree with that but its hard to find perfection.

Thurman 2018 likes this.