Browning Cynergy

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by tom, Mar 1, 2018.

1. tom

tom Senior Refuge Member

Hope i am in the right forum, anyone shooting the camo model waterfowl hunting? If so is the 26in barrel too short for it? I shoot 26 on my SBE, but ,have not had a chance to handle cynergy yet. Hoping too do so next week....... Do you like the gun?

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

No. I shoot 26" in both my Baikals.

3. Drakehammer

Drakehammer Senior Refuge Member

No 26” isn’t too short. I have a Beretta 20ga O/U with 26” barrels that i hunt with to change things up from time to time. Short barrels have their advantages in certain scenarios. I bet you’ll like that Cynergy. If I was buying one today however, I’d try to go with 28-30” barrels for hunting as I prefer a longer sight plane.

tom likes this.
  4. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Unless you are just dead set on one with 26" barrels and camo.....My buddy is selling one with wood and 28" barrels on the VA Board. Super nice gun. You should buy it.

I had one in 12 and one in 28. They fit me really well and were rock solid reliable. You'll never wear one out hunting with it. Got rid of them after my father died and I inherited his Citori along with some other guns. I only need so many O/U's.....

http://www.refugeforums.com/threads/va-forum-classifieds.991972/page-3

tom likes this.
  5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

An O/U with 28" barrels will have a similar overall length as an autoloader with a 26" barrel. Most target shooters these days are using 32" barrels on their O/U's...because they feel like they hit better with the longer barrels. In my opinion, an O/U with 26" barrels is a coach gun and not a serious waterfowl gun. I wouldn't go shorter than 28" on a new over/under.

Drakehammer likes this.
  6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

My K80 has 32" and my MX 12 has 34" it all depend on the balance to each person ! I have several Citori's with barrels from 26" to 32"
    and for what they're used for , they're just right ! I will say , my 425 with 30" tubes is a delight to hunt with as the sighting plane puts
    me on target for Waterfowl type shots very quickly ......Finding the line and shooting the lead !

JP and Drakehammer like this.
  7. Drakehammer

Drakehammer Senior Refuge Member

If the gun fits you and shoots to your point of aim, you better give it serious consideration. Gun fit is paramount to consistent, low-effort wingshooting success.

8. tom

tom Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Markd, but i was looking for the camo and 3 1/2in..

9. tom

tom Senior Refuge Member

Thanks everyone.. I normally do not like a heavy front gun, so we will see..

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

My first Citori (1975) was 26" barreled. Had it been 30" likely would still have it. My Beretta O/U's were all 28" and well balanced. Went back to Browning O/U's when I started shooting LH as they're neutral cast. Have a 28" Citori Satin Hunter (28" bbls) that points extremely well however, the new Cynergy CX in 30" barrels is a hoot. Shoot it as well as the former Beretta O/U's. Looking to get a 20 gauge in 32" configuration as it ought be an awesome bird gun.

Did have a 28" & 30" in the camo Cynergy several seasons ago. That's when I found out about being allergic to latex (Duratouch) rubber. The hunting partner that bought them has thinned out a good bit of the migrations with them.

tom likes this.