googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.defineSlot('/22715214/refuge_ros_atf_728x90', [728, 90], 'div-gpt-ad-1434482053797-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); googletag.enableServices(); });

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Buck What Gives

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Bluedog, Jan 30, 2018.

1. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

SOB would have been swimming home from my boat after the holes administered at close range by 12 ga in his boat by our crew.

2. Norfbay

Norfbay Elite Refuge Member

Seems like I remember a similar story on Back Bay...:h

3. trashman

trashman Senior Refuge Member

The hypocrisy (and comedy for that matter) of this board is at an all time high. For years, 95% or greater of the members wanted to kill Skimmer for guiding public land and stealing all the good spots for his paying clients. Now y'all want to run to beat up on some rich hightider for fighting back.

Granted he's a piece of work but at the end of the day, it's the rich fighting the rich for something that belongs to neither of them. But let's sit back and cheer, all gaulking at the names of people they're kin to or hunting with, as they run screaming to the newspaper for publicity and to get the public in a uproar.

So when next year comes along and we have new laws and rules that only advantage the rich, like blind laws & licenses, the poor amongst you can bitch & moan you have no where to hunt anymore.

4. EastBound&Down

EastBound&Down Senior Refuge Member

:scratch
    Thanks for the history lesson.

5. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Hey, I thought you didn’t drink!

Where in the world Jason are you seeing this incident as something a kin to what went on with ole Skimmer? :scratch No one ever rammed his boat, physically assalted him, and repeatedly threatened to kill him that I’m aware of. And all because they were scouting out of season in “his” area, near “his” blind which he doesn’t own and is illegal, and all of which happens to take place in the Alligator National Wildlife Refuge. So now because of this, we public hunters are all doomed to share a mear smattering of state owned marsh occupied by every blue collared weekend warrior duck hunter? Dam son ...:z

I know you well and had that goon done all that and was physically wailing on you, I don’t think for a minute you’d not defend yourself by any means ....:tu

WoodieSC likes this.
  6. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

I keep seeing comments, even a article, that they were scouting prior to the season re-opening. This happened on December 16, opening day of the third split.

7. trashman

trashman Senior Refuge Member

I don't condone the behavior and yes the dude should have his tail kicked. But we only know what's conveniently reported. I'm guessing that wasn't the first time the two parties exchanged pleasantries and we don't know what was said/done by either side just prior.

And yes, this will harm the average hunter. Having a bought political appointee involved and the cuz of the gubner makes it more likely sooner than later. This is eastern NC politics at its best otherwise this never makes the news. It's a setup. Lay out who you know and your old money and see who wins. Read other boards, talk to the locals on the north side, etc. Half or better already want more laws like Currituck, where the rich keep control of the best areas and any outsider has little chance.

They want license and registration of blinds with the ability to control 500yds around them. That's roughly 175 acres of public water off limits per blind. Land based blinds won't be far behind if not at same time. JJ already is ahead of the game in Pamlico with his ghost blinds.

Let the guys who hunt VA or MD chime in, one of them gets control of water (public water mind you) out up to 7-8ft deep from a licensed blind. Could be 500yds or a mile. Scissor rigs, boat blinds, etc will all go away unless you want to hunt middle of sound, which may/may be covered up in stake blinds

8. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Some of what you say makes a lot of sense. Recently had something in the news back in KY that had similarities. Couple guys duck hunting too close to a Commissioners land, so the commissioner decided to throw out some corn and then call the wardens. Lots of he said, she said, lots of bad press. In the end, that area is now off limits to duck hunting.