Bucket list questions: Alaskan adventure

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by The Other David, Jan 10, 2013.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Thinking about heading that way next summer/fall, but I don't even know why I would be going...

I think I saw a show where they hunted ptarmingon and fished for trout or salmon, all before it got too cold.

Would like to spend perhaps two weeks in a semi-secluded area, shoot some birds (including ducks), catch some fish, eat some good food, bring back some meat.

Would take my son. By then I will be 66 and not able to really rough it.

Has anyone done anything like that? Please share and send me some useful links.

Thanks,
    David

2. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders Elite Refuge Member

Dave, call me I have the perfect guides for you and there awesome to hang out with besides being professional.

Bill

443-519-6384

I'm leaving Tuesday till the 24th to hunt with them on st paul ak for ducks.

3. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Bill,

Hunting in the AM, will try to call in the PM.

I have found 3 lodges so far.

Thanks!

David

4. ak elimit8r

ak elimit8r Senior Refuge Member

If money is not an issue I would check out one of the lodges on the Naknek river in September. Silver Salmon, monster Rainbows, ducks and Ptarmigan. The Rainbow fishing can be off the charts. Also, you'll get to see some brown bears.

5. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

Check out Alaska Trophy ADventures on the Alagnak River in Katmai Park, They can pretty much can fill your trip plan perfect as they have all of the above and more. http://www.alaskatrophyadventures.com

2013 will be there 27th season operating full time as professional guides. If you need any exacts call me or pm me.

Sincerely Capt Charlie

6. monteman11

monteman11 Senior Refuge Member

Check out Alaska Wildfowl Adventures and their cast and blast hunt. Tim is a great very hard working guy and the scenery is amazing. I have been there twice and will be back.

http://www.akduckhunts.com/hunts.html

7. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

I second Alaskan wildfowl adventures. Valdez is a beautiful area. Hunted ducks and ptarmigan with Tim first time I hunted Alaska and what great memories. I know he does well with fish also. Also look into Jeff Wasley out of cold bay. Its amazing place and he really gets alot of different species of ducks and ptarmigan. His outfit is four flyways outfitters.

8. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders Elite Refuge Member

Dave, I gave Jeff your info, don't know if you guys spoke yet?