Buffalo Style Duck

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by O'Mordha, Jan 5, 2009.

1. O'Mordha

O'Mordha Banned

[​IMG]

Buffalo Style Duck

3-4 servings

6 duck breast halves, skin removed
    salt and coarsely ground black pepper
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2 cups bread crumbs
    2 eggs, beat
    9 tablespoons butter, melted
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    8 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Crystal?s or Frank?s)
    2 tablespoons paprika
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    ? teaspoon black pepper

Instructions:

Create a buffalo sauce by stirring together 6 tablespoons of the melted butter, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Reserve sauce for coating/basting after the duck comes off the skillet. (If the sauce thickens while sitting, just zap it in the microwave real quick to get it back to the consistency that you desire.)
    Place duck breasts between a zipper-lock bag and pound lightly until each piece is approximately 1/8-inch thick. After the duck has been pounded out, season with salt and pepper and press seasoning into the meat. Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge seasoned duck lightly in flour, then dip both sides of the duck in the eggs, then dredge duck in bread crumbs.

Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add duck, a few pieces at a time, browning evenly on both sides ? about 1 minute per side. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE DUCK. You want the meat to be pink on the inside in order to avoid chewiness. When cooked, transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain. Let each piece sit for about a minute, before coating the duck on each side with the buffalo wing sauce.

Garnish with green onions and celery sticks. Use a chunky bleu cheese dressing for dipping, and prepare the dish with any sides of your choosing. Obviously, we went with mash potatoes and peas. A good brew pairs perfectly as well? I went with our Italian friend?s anti-celebratory ?NOBAMA? brew that they bottled themselves at Brew It Up in Downtown Sacramento. :)

[​IMG]

2. BAR

BAR Senior Refuge Member

I tried your recipe tonight and it was excellent, but I had one problem. I can?t fined that Beer that you had in the picture! :sp

3. jeffrey.bean

jeffrey.bean Senior Refuge Member

That looks like a darn good beer

O, the duck looks good to

4. grizz

grizz Senior Refuge Member

saw your post on the plumas lake site too. We must be neighbors. That sounds good.

5. O'Mordha

O'Mordha Banned

Indeed we are neighbors... do you use the same handle on Plumas Lake forum?

6. JEYESLAYER

JEYESLAYER Elite Refuge Member

Where can I purchase the beer???:tu