Building a blind from conduit and fencing

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by darkvibe, Jul 4, 2017.

1. GRIZZ08

GRIZZ08 New Member

I will try and get a few this weekend sometime

2. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Did some looking into cattle panels. Do they really weigh 30 plus pounds each?

3. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Got started on this last weekend with my brother in law.

[​IMG]

4. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

They can weigh close to that. The wire is pretty thick on some panels. I use them for meat chicken coops.

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I'd drop that roof down about a foot. You don't need 18" of clearance over your head when you're sitting, and when you stand up you'll be in front of the roof. Keep this thing as low-profile as possible.....

6. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

I made one out of 1x3s and 2x4s before. All precut at home and assembled on site. Wrapped in plastic sheeting, then camo burlap(used short roofing nails), and then used light wire to attach natural vegetation. Left the nail head out just a bit to wrap the wire around. Best hide I've ever been in.

Fowler267 likes this.
  7. buck19

buck19 Senior Refuge Member

Have built blinds out of cattle panels. Have since switched to using cement re-enforcing mesh. It's quite a bit cheaper, lighter and have had no durability issues.
    You want it in panel form, not the roll. Might be worth a look....

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Man you gotta have a little bit of redneck in you somewhere.
    Throw one end on the cab of your truck run a Bungy cord or ratchet strap through the windows to hold it in place , and drape the rest down over the tailgate with a red flag tied to it and roll on down the road, or find someone with a lumber rack.
    There has to be someplace that has knocked down or dead corn stalks, it might take a little driving, but I bet if you put in a few hours looking or go ask a farmer if you can pick 25 to 30 stalks for a case of beer that they would say go for it.
    You don't need to have soild coverage ,throw a camo net over the panels then add
    the corn stalks over the netting to break it up.:tu

9. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Get a long 2x4 to put under your wire that sticks out the back. Tie it and the front part of the hog panel down to your bed. Hand the red flag off the ends of the wire.

Shipping pallets can make a sweet little blind. I have seen flip tops built on top so that you have pretty decent overhead cover.

10. Susky Ducker

Susky Ducker Refuge Member

Ya right $300 for a folding panel. I looked into them, cool concept. But I dont like to waste money

darkvibe and callinfowl like this.