Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by sheboyganjohn, Sep 12, 2017.
Time to get back to posting videos. Here is my draw up of the blind.
Here is how I turned the hull over by myself. Would have had help but you know how on time post-high school teenagers are.
For the next 6 videos I will be cutting and fitting everything for the inside floor, the stub walls to hold the deck in place, the engine bracket and the outer deck around the boat. After I get this all done, I take it all apart and start glassing things in place.
So for the first in this group I am installing the flotation in the floor along with cutting and fitting the floor.
In this video I am building the engine bracket. This turned into a lot more of a project then I was planning. It was a real pain to get all the angles just right and align it so it would be flush at the top so it could be tied in with the main deck.
Gluing and screwing the floor in place. Used the PL premium construction adhesive.
Building all the stub walls to hold up the side decks. At this point in the build I still had no idea how I was going to attach the blind to the boat. I kind of made it up as I went along. I think I finally decided on it when I was getting ready to install it.
I found the biggest waste of time I had in this build was sitting there starring at the boat running through all the options of the methods to use for the upcoming parts of the build. I most likely wasted two days of time just starring at it.
I always hated water sloshing around in the old boat so I build a sump in the rear of the boat and have a bilge pump installed in it. The one problem I had latter in the build is I would drop something and it would roll back into the bilge. 3' into a 10" opening is not fun to reach into. Ended up installing a screw in access port in the rear deck so I could clean it out easily.
This is the last one for tonight. Dry fitting the entire deck. Next step is to strip everything out and start glassing the inside. I did the outer hull in epoxy, I glassed the inside with poly.
Now for the glass work. I actually do some work while you watch in this video instead of just showing you what I did and then talking through it.
Shows the motor bracket attached to the hull along with the building of the side decks.