Bushnell Scope ?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by main'tducks, Dec 4, 2011.

1. main'tducks

main'tducks Elite Refuge Member

Jun 8, 2003
    forever lost in N.C.
    In an effort to save myself some dough, I've been looking at a Bushnell Banner, 6-18x50mm scope.
    Any REAL reviews of the scope or brand of late? From you guys here, not from Cabela's, Optics planet, sportsman guide, etc. etc....read through a lot of those in the past 2 wks.
    I know, "you get what you pay for".....this time of year, and this type of money I'm making lately.....Oh. It's going on a 7mm Rem. Mag that I only hunt with when the situation allows for a long range shot. Thanks
  2. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

Feb 10, 2009
    NO, Bushnell doesn't even stand behind that scope.

If this is for a long range gun, that is even more of a reason to buy quality, you need great clarity, color rendition, brightness, and most of all a scope that will track perfectly and is repeatable.

Plus, this is going on a magnum, take the price of that banner and multiply it by 4, there should be your starting point. Sightron SIII, Vortex Viper PST, Weaver Tactical 3.5-15 or 4-20, Bushnell Tactical 6-24 would be great.

You want ok for a cheap scope, couple decent options.

Sorry, wasn't in the mood to placate, and please don't believe the guys giving reviews like; "this $200 Barska is as clear as my 4 Nightforces, so I sold them to by 200 of these, great scope for a cheap price"

Those people should be weeded out of the gene pool