Buying a Bow- Need advice

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Tealtime, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tealtime

Tealtime Senior Refuge Member

Hi, I am a waterfowl hunter, plain and simple but I am looking to pick up a cheap bow to do one out of state early turkey hunt next year. I plan to practice my shooting before then, but I am looking at this one. Is this a good deal, or is this bow junk? Any advice or things to look for when I go to pick it up would be much appreciated.

Left Handed McPHERSON Elite Express Bow - $50

Nice condition, Coarr site, Wisker Biscuit arrow rest also 3expedition hunter 5575 carbon arrows

2. green-hntr

green-hntr Elite Refuge Member

You will probably get what you pay for in that package.

3. Holman_04

Holman_04 Senior Refuge Member

A bow MUST fit you. Go to a pro shop, tell them your budget and get setup correct. You will be a ton more accurate and definitely enjoy the sport more,
    Plus, some shops have used bows or will get them if they know you want one.

4. Duck Monster

Duck Monster Senior Refuge Member

I suggest u go to a local bow shop with a "Pro" who will correctly fit you to a bow in your price range. Many of the big box hunting and fishing shops will sell u a bow but I strongly recommend staying away from them especially if you r a novice. I have seem them sell guys bows that just fit and box loads of crap. I just bought my son a new PSE and while there there were bows from 399 to 1300 if you want to spend the money. Also the bows you see in the big box catalog are usually not the same bows you will find in a proshop. Good Luck