Ca Senate Bill 623 wants to tax all drinking water in State to pay for AG Aquifer pollution

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by California Flyway, Sep 24, 2017.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Say it ain't so Speckslayer. Guess where the epicenter of the problem is - Fresno, Hanover, and Bakersfield. So if passed, everyone in the State is going to have to pay for Ag pollution they had nothing to do with. The bill sites contaminated drinking water in individuals and communities water systems.

Not to worry as Spackslyer has assured us when I brought up the issue,

"Because all the naive people foolishly believe that Fiji water is better than tap water! Just like all the scare tactics and fake propaganda you are promoting."

The Resnicks are playing both sides again for profit, polluting and depleting groundwater and at the same promoting and selling "safe, clean, "Fiji Water"

https://www.newsdeeply.com/water/co...islature-could-help-supply-clean-water-to-all

[​IMG]
    I see dead people

2. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Yeah and the new gas tax is going to pay for road improvements. Lets start taxing the air we breath next. Then ram a pipe up our butts for a methane tax for farting also.

3. California Flyway

Sort of like getting the nose under the tent, if a first ever statewide drinking water tax is passed.
    No doubt Jerry Brown will be watching this real close for Peripheral Canal funding.

Lynda Resnick on the Power of False Personality

For sale to Central Valley residents, water that has only been touched by Lynda's greedy little fingers.
    Ain't it Wonderful.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

The only water that woman drinks is a splash of tonic water over her Stolichnaya Elit Vodka.

Gomer likes this.
  5. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Your hit piece is comical and shows your lack of knowledge on the topic.

The first contaminant listed in the article is arsenic. I wonder how much of that the farmers put the water? Oh yeah, God put it there. Oh yeah, God put it there. The second contaminant is nitrates. Did you know that if you go up to the edge of the farm ground on the east side of Fresno that contamination levels are higher due to natural leaching from natural sources then they are out in the middle of farm country? And where do you think all the nitrates from your P and Pooh end up after they get the sewer farm? How about leaching straight down into the ground water!

In fairness, farmers did put their fair share of nitrates into the ground water too. But blaming today's farmers for that problem is like blaming you as a hunter for the extinction of the passenger pigeon. Today's farmers apply much less nitrogen and apply it much more specifically so that they don't cause the problem that older generations do. Nevertheless, most of the tax will be paid by a tax on fertilizers (farmers), with only a small tax on the city folks (per your article).

Let's debate facts, not misrepresentations.

Solanoduckhunter likes this.
  6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

And in all fairness the increase in tax with be passed on to the consumer...ME..some where along the line.. The farmer in all fairness is not going to take any increases out of his profit margin..he's got to make a livin..

7. Speckslayer

Yes you're gonna pay, as you should. Farmers use nitrogen to increase production which lowers food prices. If you want them to use less nitrogen then production will decrease and prices will rise.

Farmers are simply employees of the consumer. We will grow whatever food you will pay the most for. We grow it as cheaply as we can and that ultimately translates to cheaper prices for you. If you want increased minimum wages and vacation time and sick time and all kinds of other things for our employees, prices will rise and you will pay for it because that's what you wanted. When this happens, it will stress the smaller farmers and they will sell out to the larger corporate farmers.

That's what has been happening and will continue to happen.

8. California Flyway

I talked to my farmworker friend "Jose" in Fresno, and he say that when he asked the Fresno Chamber of Commerce about water quality problems they say they know nothing, no problem. How come statewide tax on all drinking water proposed for Fresno water quality and Fresno know nothing for public consumption? Why they have lack of knowledge? Have they been politically polluted?
    Concerning nitrates, he say he wants his newborn children to be brown not blue.

Speckslayer message to all Californians,
    "Yes you're gonna pay, as you should. Farmers use nitrogen to increase production..."

9. Speckslayer

LMAO! You're funny

Why won't you address the arsenic groundwater issue?

Why won't you address the natural causes of nitrogen in our groundwater?

Why won't you address nitrate issues caused my the cities and their sewer farms?

Why won't you address the fact that the fertilizer tax will be paid for by farmers and will be the major funding source for water clean up (per your article)?

Shall we go back farther? Why won't you address all the falsehoods promoted by the enviros over the Alaska Pipeline and the caribou?

Maybe because you have an agenda that isn't supported by the facts so you just say whatever sounds good at the time and hope people buy your bag of goods?

10. Huntsprig

Huntsprig Elite Refuge Member

More BS.

I won't even bother fact checking the rest, if that one is a lie I'm sure the rest are also.

Those parasites from the westlands are feeding you a bunch of BS.

Red foot likes this.