Cabelas announced that they will no longer service........

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Matt Barnard, Mar 6, 2018.

1. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

My brother calls them "the junk fairy".

2. payton

payton Senior Refuge Member

I think I hurt myself laughing!!

I knew a guy that installed carpeting and had some carpet that he pulled out of a home with about 15 dogs that were never let outside (you can imagine the smell and condition). He put the soiled carpet out by the road to have it picked up by a truck the next day (didn't want it in his van). For a joke, he put a sign on it that said $50.00. The next morning the carpet was gone, someone stole it.

riverrat47 likes this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I needed it for my deer camp, the old carpet was pretty nasty. I left him a check for $50 in his mailbox, he didn’t get it?

4. cormier1

cormier1 Senior Refuge Member

My dads neighbour put a old toilet out one day at the curb. It was big garbage day in 2 days. The village has a big garbage day once a year for over sized trash. Anyhow i was visiting for the weekend so I put a for sale sign on it with the neighbours phone # on it for a joke. We were having some beers in the my dads garage that night and a car pulled up guy ran out and loaded up the old toilet! haha It was hilarious. Buddy stole the old toilet. We had pics of the thing with the for sale sign on it and showed the neighbour the next day, he couldn't stop laughing that someone had stolen his for sale toilet with a cracked bowl.

5. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Helping my brother in law get a rental house cleaned up for the next tenant, I replaced a very old ceiling fan. I was about to put it in the dumpster when he told me to put it on the curb. I was sure no one would want it. It probably didn't cost 20 dollars when it was new. It was gone when we got back from lunch.

6. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

One time I saw one of those “pocket bikes” on the side of the road with a free sign. You know, they look like a crotch rocket but are just a couple feet long. Only thing wrong with it was a cracked gas tank and the fuel lines were bad. Me and a buddy picked it up, ran for parts and had a few beers in the garage where we cobbled it together enough to see if it ran. Fired right up and ran like a dream after some TLC. After said beers I thought it would be awesome to take it for a spin, turns out those things do like 40mph even with my fat azz on it. Hit some sand and pebbles on a curve and laid it down at speed.

Sucks being a grown azz man road rashed from ankle to eyeball from a pocket bike spill and the neighbors seeing you totally eat crap looking like a circus bear on a tricycle. Free stuff isn’t ever as cool as you think it is or it wouldn’t be free.

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Very important to put a price on junk you put out hoping someone will haul it off.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’d have paid to see that!