Cabela's Little Rock???

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by smann, Dec 6, 2005.

1. smann

smann Refuge Member

Is Cabela's still thinking about putting a store in Little Rock? I have also heard Forrest City? Does anyone know what they are planning?

2. PBGaddy

PBGaddy Senior Refuge Member

I haven't heard about that. Bass Pro was going to at one time. I really would rather have a Cabelas than Bass Pro.

3. FroMan

FroMan Senior Refuge Member

Flint Hills Kansas & Arkansas River Valley
    I thought that Bass Pro was talking to the city of either LR or NLR as to putting in a store. I heard that the talks were going nowhere.

And as for Cabelas, I heard they were going to put one in NLR somewhere around the new Gander Mountain store.

Competition? Gander Mt. would probably go out of business within a few weeks. I'd like a Cabelas. Then I wouldn't have to order over catalog anymore.

4. huskey

huskey Senior Refuge Member

I haven't heard the talk about forrest city, I wish they would, but I think LR or NLR is prolly more likely, but ain't heard about it in while. It would be nice to have Cabelas, within 1,2,or 3 hr drive

5. NWArkie

NWArkie Senior Refuge Member

FROMAN which would you rather do. Pay already rediculous Arkansas taxes or pay shipping. It averages out to about the same. For us who can not just jump down to Little Rock to purchase goods we would now have to pay taxes on the orders we placed on the net. Then you have to consider gas to drive to Cabelas instead of ordering from the comfort of your computer. By putting a store in the state it could hurt their sales in Arkansas. I believe this is why Bass Pro is probably going to pull out of Arkansas and not build a store.

6. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

Forrest City would make sense. It would be in close proximity to Memphis as well as LR/NLR, PLUS it would be a boon to Forrest City to have a store.

Whether or not it happens remains to be seen, kinda like the rumor that Houston Nutt is at the top of Colorado's hiring list. In both cases, lets hope it's true!!!!!!!!!

7. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

If building stores was hurting their business in the states the put them in, they would have quit building them a long time ago.

I've been in five of their stores. The store in Bossier City, LA is a boom town. I'm in Bossier regularly and I don't go without stopping by there. Gander was a help to the area to actually have a decent selection and affordable prices for a change, but they don't hold a candle to a Bass Pro.

8. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

9. duks4u

duks4u Elite Refuge Member

Academy sporting goods is opening today in N. Little Rock. If you have never been to one it is a GREAT sporting goods store and IMHO Gander doesn't come close to matching prices. If you have never been to one check it out.
    They are headquartered in Texas and have just ventured to Arkansas. The new store is located near the Wildwood exit off Hwy 67.

10. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

Forrest City?? :eek: Are you kidding me!!?? :l