California tax shenanigans

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by California Flyway, Oct 6, 2017.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

CF - yes but some of the problem and why couldn't be competitive was the underlying benefits much like social security problems - Back when social security was started in 1940 it was 160 workers for one receiving benefits, in 2013 it was 2.8 workers for 1 drawing benefits. Same with pensions, with 30 and 40 year life expectancy a city or government is paying for 2 or 3 workers with only one actually working as paying for past unfunded benefits. Same thing happened to union steel mills, as lost business, fewer and fewer workers and income to pay the promised benefit leads to collapse.

Yes with the infrastructure project supposed increase in federal gas tax

2. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

So you'd rather have your Federal taxes pay for road repairs (unlikely it will ever end up there as Democrat bureaucrats will channel the money elsewhere anyway) that 2.5 Million undocumented immigrants who don't contribute a dime can tear up?

3. CA Birdman

Federal funds would come from federal gas tax revenue. So the 2.5 million undocumented immigrants somehow get to work on flying rugs, etc:sp. versus in a vehicle that they buy fuel for that has federal gas tax charged to said fuel which is paid to federal government which the federal government then pays out to the states for road work.

4. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I didn't read all the posters on this thread. Didn't have to after reading the first one. Here is my opinion...you have to be an idiot to vote to raise taxes in California.

5. pbd

pbd Senior Refuge Member

Yep, your taxes will get raised plenty without you volunteering.

6. bxcall1

bxcall1 Senior Refuge Member

Mo
    Nothing I can think of.

7. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

I don't disagree that the Democrats would probably mismanage it but cutting it off altogether doesn't fix that problem because now my family is denied those benefits as well.

We need a purge of stupid politicians but unfortunately we have too many stupid voters now who are putting these morons into office. Trump, Brown.........really doesn't matter because they are all becoming as useless as the one before them.

I long for the days when politicians compromised. They all walked away from the table having lost something and having gained something but in the end the Country kept on moving on. Now all they do is get fed by the media the BS crap that polarizes the opposing party into **** blocking the other party just for the mere fact they "are" the other party.

I'm sick and tired of the Republican and Democratic parties. Blow them up and let's start with him and her. How about they represent themselves, their own ideals and not spoon fed by special interest and stupid political parties.

I can't watch Fox or CNN anymore because it is pure garbage. I can't look at FB because of all the stupid crap on there now and then I come on here and read crap like this.

Let's just go duck hunting..........

Kevin

8. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

The group called "Fix Our Roads" a coalition of civic and business groups is threatening
    Republicans saying, "There would be a robust and powerful campaign against any initiative to repeal the increases, and such an effort would become a self defeating distraction for Republican incumbents seeking reelection."
    Quote from an article in the Los Angeles Times

A lot of huffing and puffing. I do not think it is such a party line issue. The reason Governor Brown strong armed it through the Legislature is because he knew it would not pass the mostly Democratic voter State of California.
    I think the gas and diesel tax is toast when the voters decide.

9. CA Birdman

Taxes are raised for most part when I vote to raise taxes on someone else but not me. You do see the sales tax increases to pay for fire and police and some school bond issues passed but school taxes are in wealthier enclaves. The sales tax for basic services is bad as they are truly using it to pay for the unfunded pensions as don't have money to pay that plus current officer/fire salaries.

10. ricer man

ricer man Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]