Call Lanyard organized...

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by seaduckhunt, Sep 27, 2017.

1. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Not reporting bands defeats the purpose to the studies. Your actually doing all duck hunters a disservice. I too have a bunch that I have given to kids thought the years, but I never would hurt the process. I disagree on how you view bands! Bands are obviously very important to you, since you seem to pay so much attention to them at the ramp and on my postings? You always have something to say about them, so YEAH, they are very important to you. If they weren't, you'd walk on past the post.

Funny, this place is so dead, I placed the other thread on bands and this one as a fishing expedition, to get some folks to post and hopefully bring life the refuge. Guess CPR on a corpse, or one with so much negativity is a futile thing to do.

I've had one jerk insinuate I stole them, another that I purchased them on ebay, another Jack *** tell me to be more sponsor like, and you... oh well-- too many issues to list :dv

Anyhow, enjoy your knitting , since it's probably the only other thing you are allowed to do in Kalifornia. Now hurry, there's got to be a sale of KY somewhere you can hit. :tu

goosenazi and mudhen like this.
  2. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

It's nice that you have many bands. I know of a lot of people with a lot of bands, they hunt where a lot of birds are banded.

I know many more who have hunted 20 to 40 years or more at least 30 days a year and have shot 100's of ducks and geese and they may have 1 or 2 but most don't have any. I have 5 and have been hunting for 40+ years. I happen to hunt the areas as those mentioned above. We hunt areas where there is really no banding taking place but we all kill our share of birds.

I too wonder why you would hunt with a laynard full of bands seem kind of cumbersome to me but hey I guess you are saying look at me.

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  3. seaduckhunt

I don't hunt with a lanyard with bands... they get in the way of mounting the gun, and are heavy to lug around. I only take it with me when attending a show , or meeting with local youths interested in getting into hunting. BTW, all of these have been retrieved by my dogs, they all bring memories and reminders of past hunt.

You can wonder all you like, don't matter much to me. In fact, I've have had hundreds of clients on my boat, and maybe one or two have seen the lanyard in hand... so that friend , shows you how often it comes with me on a hunt.

callinfowl likes this.
  4. seaduckhunt

Sump, you finally came back, guess your tail is no longer tucked in? What's your issue anyhow? Seems like your the fella with the issues. Internet cage fighter I'm sure. Don't need any creed, have had them for ever, never worn them son. Look young fella, if you don't like my post, move along. Stop being a jerk, and a jackass !

Tell you what, drop me an email, or a call... I'm easy to find, if you still have an issue Sump.

It's hilarious how some of you have such a problem with the bands I have. Why don't you all spend 40 years hunting all over this great country, most of the days possible, and then you might be lucky to get some.

Amusing :l

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Hahahaha, I love it Ruben, someone that actually has a sense of humor, and enjoys duck blind banter.:tu:tu:tu
    Yup it's ain't easy ,I tried life support here many times as well.
    It ain't like it used to be, thats for damn sure to many people getting butt hurt way to easy these days.:yes

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    bullpinnie and seaduckhunt like this.
  6. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

All band i have/had somewhere in my tool boxes or garbage. Do i miss something?

7. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

congrats on the bands, never really understood the glory in them. most people around here trade to them a certain couple people for a sleeve of golf balls or a box of skeet shells. to each their own. it looks uncomfortable as heck though. 5 calls? must be heavy as heck, my back is bad enuff as it is.....

bullpinnie likes this.
  8. seaduckhunt

Kids like to see it, they enjoy the stories behind them.... Have Miners, some have bb shots on them, one is from a very old pintail... etc. get's them away from the darn iPhone ! I'll say it one more time, I don't hunt with this bunch of bands or the calls. The calls are very old and mean something to me, with the exception of one, that I purchased for a young man and he could not handle the amount of air it takes to use. He will get it, in a year or two .

SMH on how good the fishing has been as of late. Guess I matched the hatch. Hopefully, it pumps some blood into he refuge.

A couple of you got it, a couple of you swallowed the bait and the sinker... It's all good , almost like old times here.

Hope you all have a great safe season. Thanks for playing :dv:tu

callinfowl likes this.
  9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

For a troll, you sure seemed to be the one butt hurt. Maybe grow thicker skin?

Truly yours,
    The jerk

10. seaduckhunt

Easy to hide behind a fake name... maybe you should grow a pair.