Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

calling contest

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Toothshucker1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

Yea, not sure if I was too clear (typos). I meant

I'd even think about being in one until I read this thread. not :
    "I would even thing about being in one until I read this thread."

I guess I was saying if it's anything as political as this I'd not want to be involved. If someone's got the ticket and isn't going to use, I'd be more than happy to take it. If that chance were to show up would there be a second contest. (I probably should read back :z)

2. manelk1

manelk1 Senior Refuge Member

First I am not bashing anyone. Just can not understand why?:confused: Can't he just let you guys do it? WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE THERE?:cool: I am all for calling and I got to meet you boys and your a great group of people. You do not need to answer my questions and if your reading this Carl, find a way to make it happen your all about Contest Callin. I just do not understand why he can not let you guys do it under his rights???? :confused: This should not be happining. Hope you guys have a good waterfowl season and hope we get a chance to shake hands again some time.:h
    "The Hub"

3. the wake

the wake New Member

Hey there ?Band Boy? I don?t think you know enough about the topic, let alone this particular situation to weigh in on it. Moving on, Jake is a great contest caller, call maker, and hunter and in my opinion you are way out of line in you little ?quote rant?. Jake is a good friend of mine and I know he has and will continue to put time and effort into any comp. he can. It?s a lot of hard work, too bad it?s not as easy and buying bands on ebay.:tu

4. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

You know your right, after I read that post, I could see how it could be taken out of context. I like Jake and feel he is a stand up guy. I would never want to bring any negativety toward him, it was more of a ribbing than anything else. I took that post and quotes down so others dont take it out of context :tu

Everyone finds it odd that this still hasnt gotten off the ground :confused: Whether you know it or not, there is alot of people that would like to see it happen.

5. Adam Walker

Adam Walker Refuge Member

Greg,

Thanks for the support. This is what CAN happen, with two weeks notice for the contest, Stuttgart rule, that would need to be out tomorrow for the 15th of november. Or next weekend notice comes out we are holding the Idaho State on 22nd. The world duck calling contest is on the 29th. Wow that would really cost some money. Thanks for offering to split cost, truely I mean that.

For all that na-sayers on contest calling, Calling contest are not as political as this sounds. Some contest have more BS based on who is holding the contest. I, We, The Banded Brothers have held 4 contest with not an oz. of BS. Trust me oh man Calling contest take a lot of time, effort and you need help. If you put together a first rate event people will call and ask what they can do to help. If you don't BS BS BS.

ADAM

6. grantidaho

grantidaho Elite Refuge Member

I doubt people think it is political, just peole not coming through on comitments. Yes, I am calling them out. Prove me wrong and hold it already. The ship has sailed for a first class context. I think it is time for a third rate one, just get done. Just plan a first rate on next year and don't wait to the last minute.:fp Better yet let someone else do it. Someone with the time and resources, maybe the Idaho Waterfowl Assoc.