Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

calling contest

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Toothshucker1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

As far as I know Robbie moved back to the Spokane area. I havent talked with him in quite awhile. But I ASSUME he wont be calling. Ya never know though......sure his pumpkin head will show up somewhere this fall:l I really dont know anyone that will be calling. I know a couple guys that SHOULD be calling but have sworn they never will:confused:I know someone that definitely isnt calling:eek:
    As far as the the winner and transportation................if everyone on the Idaho forum chipped in $20 it would go a long way in getting the winner airfare. Maybe hang a crayon banner from him "sponsored by Idaho Refuge Gang". I will chip in whatever I can. When is the big show??

2. duckhunt

duckhunt Refuge Member

I am in total support of the callers. I think it would be a great plan that every year we help the winner out and not just this go around. We need to support the sport and have more people get involved. It's great to see everyone offering their help. :clap Let's just hope everyone can pull through. I will shell out what ever I can to the winner. I would like to hand the winner my offering at the comp. to make sure it gets into the right hands. I guess you could say I am not trusting of some people with money.:nutz

3. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Man I know this is none of my business even tho this is a public forum. But Man, I have never seen so much whining :z You would think that if you guys loved contest calling and had a chance to get a ticket and represent your state you would be all for it..

7 ugally ducks that arnt even colored up are more important than possibly getting a ticket to the big show :confused: Man I must say some of you guys are die hard hunters if thats the case. You would think you could put off the hunt for one day to compete in the contest then shoot your limit of eclipse ducks the next mourning ??

With all of the whining and complaining and possible low numbers of callers this year, this is the year you have a much better chance !!

You guys would be surprized at the negative attention this has brought to contest callers of Idaho. I was in our local newly opened sportmans today and heard about this thread from three fellers talking about it in there. For those of you concerned with contest calling in your state, it sure isnt showing by the constant bickering.

Good luck to you fellas I hope you get it worked out one way or another :tu

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

That's it...I'm in! I'm going to worlds!!!!:l:l:l

Seriously, you make a good point, Band Man. Shoulder to shoulder combat hunting trying to bag brown birds versus representing your state at Stuttgart...something to ponder.

5. tedlyduckster

tedlyduckster Senior Refuge Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, BandMan. Yep, even one duck on opening day is beautiful to me. I wait all year for opening day, and I think a lot of guys feel that way. Missing it would be akin to a kid missing Christmas!

Of course, I have absolutely no interest in contest calling. I'm a duck hunter, not a concert flutist wannabe with a duck call! :yes

6. duckhunt

duckhunt Refuge Member

First of all people are contest callers because they are duck hunters. Hopefully all this negativity or so called whining will turn into a little bit of good. Get more people involved than in years past. I guess people on the outside "i.e. band man" might be a little ignorant of the facts of why we are frustrated. Not a lot of people other than the contest callers know what they have had to go through this year and in the years past. I hope this thread doesn't scare any new callers from wanting to give this a shot.

7. Any word on this being held. I know people at CDC were wondering about it. You guys are killing us. Get your acts straight and send a rep. for your state.:tu

8. Adam Walker

Adam Walker Refuge Member

If only a Contest there were.

9. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

PM SENT.

Sorry it took me so long to see this. I got bored with the 14 paragraph posts. But I don't see how someone could let their dumb hang out that big. WOW:eek:

They say ignorance is bliss.....:tu

10. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

oh there will be a Contest but it will not be Sanctioned... but a Idaho state champ will be crowned... working on the trophy right now...:tu;)