Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

calling contest

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Toothshucker1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

Wow, so it looks like calling contests are more political than a 12 year old's soccer game!

I would even thing about being in one until I read this thread. :zME!

2. manelk1

manelk1 Senior Refuge Member

Wow guys, just came here from CDC forum. Carl, if you can not make the contest happen, hand it over, hopefully it's not to late. I can get a hotel for $50 a night (willing to split with anyone going) in Stuttgart, renta car is costing me $165 for 5 days, I am not sure on the airfare but this ain't right and it should be righted. I know the guys in Idaho can make it happen :grvn. I was there with my boy in June, good guys, good fun :sp, and good contest :tu. Jake says contest is happening, Carl get there so its sanctioned or appoint a rep or something :clap. Make it friggin happen. I could even pick the winner up at the airport :dv cause my boy be hangin with Butch at the shop and I ain't got nuthin to do. We will be eatin mudhens for Thanksgiving, but we got a bunch! Make it happen guys, start practicing now. Make it happen! Get er done :tu

"The Hub"
    Greg Hubbell

3. duckhunt

duckhunt Refuge Member

Idahowitzer question! By your statement above are you saying because of this post your are not going to participate in calling contest? just curious that's all :) .

I think are acts are straight. It's the person with the ticket that can't get their crap together. That's not the fault of the Idaho callers. We can't have a rep. without a contest last time I checked. :tu Most of the Idaho callers have offered all kinds of help to this person to get the contest going.

4. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

so what ever happened to this sapposed calling contest?
    D-S

5. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

Greg,

the contest that will be taking place after the worlds event... nothing fancy Strait up "Meat Style" that way we can get more than 3 guys to blow in it... it will be held later in the evening that way guys can get there Hunts in... nothing special I will be putting it on... the Entrees will be low and all money will go back to the winner if we get a good turn out then I will split it up to the winners... I will be making calls for 1st thru 5th. Along with that a Trophy for the STATE CHAMPION. If I can get more sponsorship from others that would be great if not a big deal this will be a low key good old boys contest...

But if the Idaho State Sanction Contest does get Held in Time then I will not worry about Putting this small little event on. The Main Reason I'm doing it is so that At least one of our Idaho Water fowlers can be Crowned Idaho State Champ.

I know we have some really great Duck Callers in the State that sound Flat out like a Mallard Hen... so you don't have to sound like a Main Street Ringing Hail Contest Caller to win the Title if I put on the Event.

Jake Hyer

6. manelk1

You guys have to make the sanctioned event happen and the callers got to get there. Mainstreet callers! Those guys have special skills, that's why it is the style for the Worlds, lot's of people can do the meat, live, and hunter, maybe even me (I stink no matter what!). Guys than can mainstreet should step up, get out of the blinds and stand up fot the Great State of Idaho!!! Pride. Sell your sole to the devil and get Carl to pass the sanction on to someone there or he should get there. Gotta make it happen. :clap

Hub

7. I believe if you got a petition with enough signatures, the Sanctioning committee might pass it on to somebody else. Don't let some jerk off ruin you guys representing your state at Worlds.

8. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

Has a price for it been mentioned or is buying/selling completely off the table. I'm not saying for one person, but maybe a fundraiser or group could get the sanctioning "blessing":confused: in the right hands?

9. manelk1

Someone call Stuttgart YESTERDAY!!!!!:D:dv:yes:clap:z:mad:
    (870) 673-1602

"The Hub"

10. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

It's very nice to know that guys from different areas of the country care about us... trust me Greg I have called that number and banged my head against the walls several times... and I know its not just me that has done so... its frustrating as He!! and I think its a little to late... I have talked with 5 contest callers that have blown the last 3 years and all of them said its to Late for them to come up with the money to go to worlds...

I would be all over it to have the contest and blow in it if it was going to happen ( have saved the funds) but I have a huge Catering I have to do the day after the contest and it is to late for me to put in my vacation time so losing my Day job is not worth it... Just to bad... maybe the contest is still going to happen and bringing up this thread will cost Carl his sponsors as it did when it started, so we might want to tread lightly on Bashing the Man... People have asked for the Rights to the contest and he wants to keep it for some reason...? so we have to play by his rules... and right now non of the contest callers have the money to pay for Carl to Drive up from Salt Lake and to be able to put him in the Hotel Room. we would need 15 contest callers to pay the $50.00 entry fee so its worth his time... and I don't think we have 8 contest callers in the state..?

Jake