Calling Technique question

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Hawkeyebowhunter, Oct 12, 2018.

1. sho_freak11

sho_freak11 Elite Refuge Member

A confident bouncing hen has been pretty deadly for me for years, field or water. I'm hunting central/eastern Iowa as well. Never had much luck squealing anywhere but fields. Just gotta read the birds you are hunting!

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Teaching someone to read birds isn't easy.
    It's one of those that ngs that takes time and lots of screw ups.
    I've been hunting these damn birds for 47 years and I still learn something pretty much every hunt, which is why I love calling so much. Ya gotta get out there and scare a bunch before you find sure out what they want on that particular day.
    And you don't have to be a comp caller to be a deadly duck caller in the field. Some of the best callers I've been hunting with sound like crap on a call. And most of them blow double reed calls that cost less than $40.:yes:yes:yes

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Teaching someone to read birds isn't easy.
    It's one of those that ngs that takes time and lots of screw ups.
    I've been hunting these damn birds for 47 years and I still learn something pretty much every hunt, which is why I love calling so much. Ya gotta get out there and scare a bunch before you find sure out what they want on that particular day.
    And you don't have to be a comp caller to be a deadly duck caller in the field. Some of the best callers I've been hunting with sound like crap on a call. And most of them blow double reed calls that cost less than $40.:yes:yes:yes