Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Calls from the "PIT"

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Jacob Hyer, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

Can you say Heeeer Honk... well after I got my shore thing last week I almost thru in the towel on the honker call but I saw a few things I liked on the shore thing and applied them to my call and I really like what I ended up with... diffently well be adding a blue and orange one to my string... but here is a black stabilized box elder burl / blk stopper for a customer that I spun up today...

Jake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shawfowl

shawfowl Elite Refuge Member

Where Sea and Land meet in The Great NorthWest.
    suuuuuwwwweeeeeetttttt...:tu Good lookin call there Jake.:tu

3. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

well that call will do to match the D-S call, it would go good on my lanyard so I can run all fowl weather calls this year........
    D-S

4. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

5. Jacob Hyer

thanks... I have a few more calls that color from other call makers but Hackers have Photo Bucket site down right now... :sp so I can't post them up... one that comes to mind is John S. SRCC timber call I have... I should have a duck call finished up anyday that was made out of the same stock as the honker call with a grey stopper...

Jake

6. Duck-Slayer

Hey IFW I have the tupelo and have it cut out for your G.E. so do you want it hollow or solid? or I was going to try a new idea on it. So it is really up to you. Let me know, better get started on that D.S. Goose call.......lol...:tu
    D-S

7. Jacob Hyer

Matt your asking me ? that I have not a clue on...lol... do what you want but it better float and be able to take some Pellets... ;)

I think I have a line on some Green Burl wood for that honker call... so do you want it acrylic finish or wax finished like your other call, how about the back bore dementions and how stiff do you want the reed... :l J/K

Jake

8. Duck-Slayer

ha ha that's funny........oh don't worry, it'll float, already float tested the cut out, and it draft's only about an 1" of water, so I think I may just leave it whole, maybe not we'll see...... I will try and keep you updated...
    D-S

9. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

This thread needs some love. No new calls to show us? I see you have a new logo - probably should sport that here for all to see.

10. Jacob Hyer

:l I have been chasing my tail for a few months now making calls... lots of stuff new but most are customers calls from the refuge so I don't want to take there thunder from them... but here are a few for you Darby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]