Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Calls from the "PIT"

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Jacob Hyer, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Jake just finished up sealing that crazy wood G.E. you wanted.....now its on to painting it, I fingured I would put white lightening bolds on the side's if you don't mind......
    D-S

2. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

why L.Bolts...?

I will get to spinning up a Honker call for ya bud... I still never found any green like that one you got but I will have somthing close... still waiting on sets of Gut to get here any day... its driving me crazy have 5 SR that need to go out to customers and no guts....errrr... lol...

Jake

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

I like those bands that aren't the copper or silver - are they hard to make and do they hold everything together as well as the metal bands? Or are all of the bands just for looks?

4. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

easy to do... they are just cut off of acrylic rod... I have been doing the same thing with stabilized wood cut offs also... now metal bands are going to be stronger but acrylic is tuff also... I use o-ring style stoppers so not as much pressure on the barrel of the call like a wedge style has... bands are a must have on anything I make... I feel better about having them on the call to strength... Just in case...

anyways here is a few more for you that have diffrent bands...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]