CamoClad/CamoWrap

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Slough Smell, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Slough Smell

Slough Smell Senior Refuge Member

I am thinking about putting either Camo Clad, Camo Wrap or something similar on an outboard motor and was wondering what others experiences have been with it? How is it to apply? How well does it stay on? Does it look good after being applied? I have a nicer motor. Does it maintain its color? Any info would be appreciated. Thank You.

2. weedsnager

weedsnager Elite Refuge Member

camo clad is awesome on an outboard.......camoclad isn't the easiest thing to put on an outboard because there alot of curves....but if you take you time it will turn out better then anything else you could possible put on the motor........... you asked how well does it stay on...i have the permanent on my boat...and i have no problem with it coming off...my camoclad has been on my boat for 3 years......and someone still, till this day comes up to it at a boat ramp or gas station and says how nice it looks...:tu let me know how it turns out

3. Mud Duck

Mud Duck Elite Refuge Member

Camo Clad is better than Camo Wrap. Some of the black rubs off on Camo wrap and it leaves a pinkish color.

4. Peenoe Hunter

Peenoe Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I had a friend that decals police vehicles for a living put camoclad one for me. It was a real chore and he had the experience and the proper tools. Camoed another outboard with Krylon camo paint it was quick and looked great!

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. tcounty

tcounty Elite Refuge Member

I just use a cheap camo shirt and strech it over it.

longduck likes this.
  6. inspectorduck

inspectorduck Elite Refuge Member

paint it, too many curves and edges to camo clad an outboard, I did mine and I'm taking it off this year to paint it to match the boat. It does stay on well though.

7. Slough Smell

Slough Smell Senior Refuge Member

Thank you everyone for your input. I will probably try the removable Camoclad.

8. MARSH_HUNTR

MARSH_HUNTR Elite Refuge Member

9. MARSH_HUNTR

MARSH_HUNTR Elite Refuge Member

go with the camoclad removable

[​IMG]

Dogface likes this.
  10. 2cupped

2cupped New Member

Camo4u took over Camoclad it looks like. I would go with them (www.camo4u.com) or Camoskinz - www.camoskinz.com