Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

can you freelance in Nodak

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by evanupnorth, Oct 18, 2017.

1. evanupnorth

evanupnorth Refuge Member

Hey there,

I am curious to know if a Canadian can freelance in North Dakota? if so, is land access similar to it is here in Canada.. Rm maps, permission etc..?

Any info would be great, thanks in advance

2. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Yes you can and I have done it with great success. However, we should let Feathers take this one for you as he will be far more knowelable for you than I could ever dream of being.
    Yes you can and I have done it with good success. Feathers should be able to fill you in on this in much more detail than I could ever dream of telling you. I would wait for his response.

3. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Yes you can free lance in ND. In fact residents in ND would invite you to do that and not hire a guide. The trespass laws are that if land is not posted you don't need permission.

DaPutts likes this.
  4. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

I think Reckers feelings got hurt.

We have counties not RM's. You can get land owner maps from the county court house but they aren't as user friendly as RM maps. Getting permission on posted land isn't quite as easy as Canada but not terrible, especially if not hunting in the popular areas. Other than that it is essentially the same as hunting the Canadian prairies.

5. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Nope not hurt at all. I figured I would let you have at this one.

6. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Refuge Member

Yes. Get a plat book. Get NDTRAX chip for your Garmin. Law does not require permission on non-posted land. Courtesy does.....and will open more lands to you.

7. whiskyjack

whiskyjack Refuge Member

Check the NDF&G website for PLOTS info too! ND is one state I would move to if I ever left Alberta!
    WY is #1, ND #2.