Canada?

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Millertme, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Millertme

Millertme New Member

As I sit here in the middle of a desert in Southwest Asia, pining over another duck season lost (lol) my mind wanders to things I have never done but always wanted to. Canada duck hunting is at the top of that list! As I am not getting any younger, and my main hunting partners (father and uncle) definitely aren't, I wanted to start doing some research. Anyone have any experience they would like to share? Mainly a region of a Saskatchewan or Manitoba to start looking at? Thanks for any input!

2. Horsemen

Horsemen Elite Refuge Member

A couple things you need to decide. Whats the main speices you would like to target? Divers, puddlers, honkers, lessers, snows and specks all have different regions they are more prevalent in. Then you need to decide if you want to freelance or be guided.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  3. Millertme

Millertme New Member

Puddlers in potholes would be our preference, but we have most of the stuff to be adaptable, including an 18ft boat w/longtail motor and blind.

4. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for your service to our country...May the duck Gods smile down on you during seasons to come...Be safe

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You may wanna get with Bang you’re dead. He lives above you in the Pas. Heck, he may even let you join him.

6. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

Come on man, ain't nobody cutting in line!!!! I thought we were next, to get to go with Bang. I doubt very seriously if they'd even give me dam passport.

7. stevena198301

It’s in my next 5 years. I have one more guy who will go. I ain’t opposed to convoying. @TheDuckSlayer? @bullpinnie? Somebody get Benny on the horn. This could be exciting. @bang you'r dead; you got a decent sized yard for a campsite?

8. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Lol...about 2 acres. Some years are better than others. This years hunting has sucked for field hunting. Look at this one today. Took me nearly 1/2 hour to shoot a limit.

Before you get too excited, this is about it for any ducks in the valley right now. A few flocks of maybe 1500-2000 birds, but guys have found this one field and it will be hunted hard in the next week or so, and these birds will bugger off, and it'll be tough to scrape a limit out again. On years where they can plant crops, we are good to go. I've hunted with lots of American hunters from this site and others I have met and become friends with over the years. If you are serious PM me and we'll arrange something in the future if possible. W.

Neck Collar likes this.
  10. stevena198301

I am undoubtedly serious, but again, it's a long(er) term bucket list item for me. It should happen in the next 5 years though. About how much do you frown on boozing and partying? Asking for a friend, and his friends... ;)