Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Canadian residents thoughts on non-Canadian outfitters

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by mallard 15, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mallard 15

mallard 15 Refuge Member

What is the opinion of the Canadian hunters and outfitters in Canada concerning non-Canadian oufitters?Relatives of mine in Saskatchewan dont care for them.What are your opinions?

2. Dextermutt

Dextermutt Senior Refuge Member

Isn't it illegal to be an outfitter in Canada if your not a Canadian resident?

3. mallard 15

mallard 15 Refuge Member

I know that there are several well known American hunters that run there outfitter bussinesses in Alberta.

4. Dextermutt

Dextermutt Senior Refuge Member

Anything that has to be done through loop holes imo is wrong (Except when it comes to paying taxes lol). Freelance all you want but don't come up to profit through shady activities. Thats probally what ****es people off the most I'm guessing.

5. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

Depends on the province and whether they are guides also. As to my opinion, most NR outfitters are ROGUES and are dirty greasey *******s that need to stay in their own country. The only good thing about these guys is they will help force prairie DNRs to put a cap on NR hunter numbers and/or mandate licenced guides.

6. Ducky_Hunter

Ducky_Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I think you should be a resident if you are going to be an outfitter in Canada . In Alberta you can be a NR outfitter for Birds but not for Big Game . Most of the money brought in form the NR outfitters do not enter the Canadian economy. Lot of resident outfitters hurt because of the NR outfitter. If I was in power there would be no more NR outfitters in Canada there is lots of places for them to outfit in the US.

7. Ontario Gunner

Ontario Gunner Elite Refuge Member

If your making a profit off guiding in this country,, as far as im concerned you better be paying taxes on it to this country!

8. Ducky_Hunter

Ducky_Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Most do not pay the Canadian Taxes as they collect Money sent to the US office so the money never enters Canada.

9. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

I'd never support or use them.... and I don't think that they should be allowed to run their business here.
    WildCanuck

10. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

Sjemac, there seems to be something wrong with the computer thingy. My original post seems to being missing a few key thoughts...? The guy asked for my "thoughts" and those were them - I can't help the way I think - it comes from hunting for the past 10 yrs around OHM & GWA (and maybe a little too much competitive drinking as an undergrad)