Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Canadian residents thoughts on non-Canadian outfitters

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by mallard 15, Oct 17, 2005.

1. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

do me a favour TPM, keep watching that number over the next 10 years, and you'll see it decreasing continuously..... I'm not saying that another nation will ever replace the U.S. as our number one trading company, but that number will drop dramatically, and with it will our dependance on the U.S economy... we arn't hosting chinese economic groups for no reason!!! we'll see alot more lumber and oil heading that way very soon!!
    WildCanuck

2. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

You may be right WildCanuck, but it's pure speculation on your part.

If you are counting on China, of which the majority of the population does not even own a phone, where it is illegal to surf the internet and where there are precious few human rights, then dream on. Many thought the same thing about Mexico 15 years ago and they are still waiting.

China is a despotic, dark ages country which will not only take decades to catch up, but is a country that we should not do business with as they do not respect human rights of any kind.

My former employer, General Motors, drank some kool-aid a few years ago and has been investing heavily in China. Not only are they losing their shirts, hoping that "someday" it will pay off, but the vast majority of their cars are sold to the government, not to the average "consumer."

3. blackfoot1

blackfoot1 Elite Refuge Member

Ducky Hunter, I am calling you out. Please go to the APOS website and find the big number of American outfitters and please list them on here. You whine like a little girl. Has anybody on here actually contacted Sask. outfitters headquarters and asked them how many are owned by Americans??? Rouge outfitters sure there are some, call a gamewarden. I was thinking about the taxes part. Do you think of the thousands of Canadian guides...that when they get tipped money in US Dollars they go running to revenue canada saying, hey look what this stupid american gave me, let me give some of it to you. Also go me wondering, since most of the "balances due" by US hunters are paid in cash, do you think any of the
    Canadian outfitters are running to Revenue Canada also??????? As far as Americans not paying taxes up there, some of those guys have been running for a pretty long time, Customs would have asked them by now, don't ya think??? Did you know that Canada immigrates 16,000 people a month. Any of you guys that have been up to Canada see all the Chineese and Korean restaurants?? Bet the locals are getting ****ed cause they can't cook as well as the them foreigners. THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW!! Ok, tell ya what I will call Sask and Manitoba game and fish tommorrow and find out how many licensed NR outfitters there are. I will get back to ya. LATER, b

4. drycreekvalley

drycreekvalley Elite Refuge Member

I have to agree Blackfoot.

This is a bunch of noise about nothing. Same people complaining about the same old non-issue.

Please share specifics. Who are these problem licensed NR guides that are taking over Canada? Name them. Where are they hunting? Have you any proof of a problem?

I think you are on a witch hunt. At least Halloween is coming up so it makes some small amount of sense for a week or so...

5. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

sorry TPM, but you're way off.... china and mexico are nothing alike, and the chinese buying power is already surpassing the U.S. in many economic area, and the economy is no where near it's potential.... they are already the worlds number one consumer of steel, and their requirments for energy are going through the roof... what they're really going to want from us is our water!! ( which I sure hope we don't give to them or anyone else for that matter). Anyways I'm not going to get into an economic debate here, i come here for the duck talk, and I've been going to McGill as a business major for the last 4 years for the other stuff!!
    good hunting to ya!
    WildCanuck

p.s. speaking of chinese, i'm preparing a chinese spicy beef stir-fry, but substitute the beef for duck!!!! ummmmm ummmm good!!!!

6. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

I'm not way off at all. The Chinese economy is driven by government spending, not the average citizen, who only earn a pittance. Yes, they are eating up world steel. The Chinese government is even placing buyers in countries around the world. Again, it's government driven and we need to be very careful what they end up making with that steel!

The reason NA companies are tripping over themselves to get there is to take advantage of cheap labour.

Good to see your into business studies. I hold an MBA from Western.

Happy hunting :)

7. Ducky_Hunter

Ducky_Hunter Senior Refuge Member

The worst one of the bunch is Peace River waterfowalers They brought up 4 guys from AR to giude here this fall and only Hired one local guide and they also stole my areas from me saying they would buy me out last year so i transfered my areas to them and they never gave me a cent now all the areas are locked and I can not get a hunting area where I live to outfitte because some NR outfitter has my orginal area so a resident can not set up a new outfitting bussines there because of the NR outfitter.

8. Ward McGee

Ward McGee Elite Refuge Member

So you are an outfitter yourself? Now this is all beginning to make sense!!
    At least you aren't making broad generalizations and/or jumping to conclusions, Ducky! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have a bone to pick with ONE outfitter who "happens" to be from the US.

Here's a sincere question though......
    If you had a zone/area/wmu assigned to your outfitters permit, why would you transfer the rights over to another outfitter? Were you planning on getting out of the business? From what I understand, no permits have been issued to outfitters in AB, (Res, or NR) in 2 or 3 years. Being as difficult to obtain as permits are, were they not locked when you did your deal with Peace River?

9. Ducky_Hunter

I QUIT outfitting 2 years ago. I like to hunt myself and whenI was outfitting I could not hunt so now I just take guys out to hunt with me at no charge. It is more rewarding now that I do not have the presure of hunters paying to produce. SO NO I AM NOT AN OUTFITTER AND WILL NOT BE AGAIN. I am a freelancer like everyone els that has good connections and tones of grear and is willing to share with flellow hunters if they would like to hunt with me. I find it better to make freinds than the almighty buck. I am just sticking up for my freinds that are trying to make a living in the outfitting industry.

10. Ducky_Hunter

Duck-ter Evil my areas were locked to me but I transfered them to PRW when they said they would buy me out and hire me to run the Alberta bussiness and I would gide for them in my areas. I did not see a penny and was not hired as a guide. Good thing most of the land owners in my area will not give them accesss. I guess I was not smart transfering my areas till I had the money in hand but this still does not make it right for PRW to do what they did. I am not going to get back into outfitting I am all done with that.I do not want to see this happen to any other outfitters. now that all the areas are locked a resident can not even get a permit. To bad.