Carlson 20 gauge extended steel choke question

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by California Flyway, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Northhunter

Northhunter Refuge Member

I picked up one for my BPS. Called a "long range full" but I do believe it's IM. Forget the actual constriction. It throws damn near a 100% pattern @ 30yds with Rem Hypersonic 2's. Fasteel 5's have a working pattern @ 40. That's a light load out of a 20 for 40 yard shooting, but I was impressed...

Follow the above advice. I looked into getting a Briley before I picked up the Carlsons and they do the same thing. Charge a premium on top of it... for the same choke, just a different title.

2. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 New Member

My load testing gun is an O/U and I use the Carlson extended. One is marked IC at the very top where one can see when in the barrel. Then also printed below is: T/C IC .610 STEEL, LEAD, COPPER OR HEVI SHOT CHOKETUBE.COM. My Starrett tells me the .610 is really .609.
    The other tube is marked up high as MOD. Has the same information except it is rated at .600. My Starrett tells me it is really .598
    I like the Carlson extended tubes for this 20. In my 2 auto's I use Kicks High Fliers.

AIRBORNE

3. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

In Starrett we trust

4. dla

dla Senior Refuge Member

+/- .001" if they are calipers. So I wouldn't get too excited over the measured difference.