Carp deck progress

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Kevin Burroughs, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

On my old boat I welded 2, four feet pieces of T bar on the bottom about a foot from the transom to make it turn quickly. It worked really well. Lots of places up here the turn have to be perfect or you are on the embankment. Real skinny stuff. I'm going to do it on my tracker but with the ribbing on the bottom it does pretty well. I have been running jets since 1982.

2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

I designed and helped build my boat 18 years ago so it has run up and down the San Joaquin , Merced and Stanislaus rivers a few times .
    Oh yeah , getting my butt puckered-up a few times ( avoiding obstacles or tight spots ) is part of the adventure in running full throttle but
    with a little commonsense on when to shut it down , all is good , sometimes ! It's amazing how much river one can run once you understand
    it , kinda like from Riverbank to the mouth at Two Rivers and back , makes for a good days fishing !

3. SPOONKILR

SPOONKILR Elite Refuge Member

SHhhhhhhhhhhhh! ........HaHahahahha

4. Kevin Burroughs

Hit a cow dead center in about a foot of water on the upper Tuolumne River downstream from Basso Bridge in the fog going duck hunting. Didn't hurt me, the boat or the cow. Threw the waders away, could never get them clean. We kill a lot of carp on the Stan.

5. Ravenanme

A little short story !
    My 2 Sons were kinda late from a fishing trip up the San Jaoquin , which had me alarmed but , the pictures they took of my boat up
    on a sand bar , high and dry , 50 ft next to the flood control levey kinda explained what had happen . I was told at full throttle going
    through some S turns of 2 to 3" of water , once she hit bottom there was NO turning her around . Good thing the 150 ft of Mule
    Line along with the 3500 lb cable winch I keep in the boat was there to help !

Sight fishing for 15 to 25 lb Stripers will cause you to do dumb things !

6. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

Nice looking deck, looks like that shop does some nice work...

7. Kevin Burroughs

E96FC62F-B9A4-4F8F-9F60-2C0BCD579612.jpeg 013FEA15-85A1-44CC-B319-E2383B409A8F.jpeg Ready to hunt except the lights

BangingBirds likes this.
  8. Ravenanme

Well it's certainly a nice looking setup ! I'm anxious to see the finished product .....as it won't be long now , it looks like ?
    I want to see what's planned to keep the deck from being to slippery ?

9. Kevin Burroughs

I keep going back and forth between carpet and light grey bed liner. Time will tell.

10. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

You sure you welded this thing? I heard there’s a nice place in Sonora called Trotters.....