Carrington Area

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Capt. John Stieben, Oct 7, 2017.

1. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Same spot, same blind for 18 straight years and you are in ND ??

2. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Most believe Divers move on the calendar and less on the weather. Probably true for redheads and cans ... not so sure about bluebills - they seem to hold on to the end.

3. Capt. John Stieben

Capt. John Stieben Refuge Member

Yes we are same lake all these years, blind spot is now just further out of the water than in use to be, we have a island in a large body of water that we have hunted for years, sets up well for most wind directions, the bottom is hard for old guys to walk in.

You are correct on ND outfitters license, I am not sure but I think it is resident thing, unless you had one and was grandfathered in. I have one of my Captains that fishes for me in summer has worked as a guide for a outfitter out there and I heard the ordeals of the outfitter licenses.

Appears to me being a outfitter is public relations gig with a checkbook, I think some of the framers are catching on the worth of the stubble fields LOL Tough gig though to do it right it is really tough work for about 6 to 8 weeks, then if you really wanna do it right you have to move south with the birds.

I have many friends that guide duck hunters in texas but they are on water, so that is a public water crap shoot LOL

4. duckybud

duckybud Senior Refuge Member

Watch out for Top Gun, they posted land they did not have at the last minute because birds were using it. Next morning tried to run off people that had permission from farmer and landowner. Wardens called and they ended up with a harassing wildlife ticket, I am told. Warden stated they have many problems with them like this, why can't they just revoke their guide license?