Decoy Forum Sponsors

Carry Lite 42 inch super mags

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by PorkChop, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Canadian hitman

Canadian hitman Senior Refuge Member

Yet many, many geese have been killed from goose chairs.

PorkChop likes this.
  2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Birds covered in pin feathers can be killed from just about any hide.

PorkChop likes this.
  3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

My first trip to Canada, the local we hunted with would drill 36" holes in the field with an auger mounted on a 54 chevy p/u. He went down about 4' and we sat on 5 gal buckets. We covered up with truly huge shells that had one side cut out and had dark hardware cloth covering that side. I'm thinking they were G&H but could have been something else. They were extremely effective but the filling in of the holes was a chore after the hunt was over.

freefall likes this.
  4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

image.jpg I’ve got 11 of them in real nice shape I am was going to post up 4 sale tomorrow, We had them in a trailer we kept in a field that was on our way to work, for those quick morning hunts. We didn’t use that trailer much, I am keeping one to cover the dog while in the pit. I have a couple dozen more in my attic that we hunted the hell out of, missing most the paint, to many memories to let go I guess. They are still deadly, late in the season with snow cover, and cold temps. But after seeing the shape they are in I might just and them to the attic collection

freefall and PorkChop like this.
  5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

I have a dozen Newman and Bennett's 747s. Love those things

6. dog duck gun

dog duck gun Elite Refuge Member

Have a few painted white that we use swan hunting they are great for this

7. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

G and H still makes them, beautiful shells, only about $240.00 for half a dozen!

PorkChop likes this.
  8. wohl0049

wohl0049 Senior Refuge Member

PorkChop not sure where you are located but check out Bismanonline.com There are always decoys available and I always see a lot of those older decoy lots for sale.

PorkChop likes this.
  9. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member

If you are in Bismarck I am about 2 1/2 or so hours north of you. I forgot all about bismanonline thank you!

wohl0049 likes this.
  10. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member

So I made this thread Friday. Saturday I get a text from my priest that one of the elders from the church has a bunch of decoys he wants to give to me. I go over there on Sunday and as I am rounding the corner of his driveway I see some 33 inchers by the barn and I kind of laughed to myself and say please please let there be some 42 inchers. Well of course there was not. Well we talked for a while and then he tells me he has more decoys in the barn but he is keeping them for now. We go in the barn and first there is about a dozen and a half bigfoots. We go in one of the other stalls and amongst the pile of decoys there is about two dozen 42 inchers. Tried to get him to sell them to me but he said not right now. So close but so far away. :sp

Wareagle1 and freefall like this.