Caught me a Mud Buddy!

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Mudhole, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Mudhole

Mudhole Senior Refuge Member

We went to the Red River Saturday morning for some teal carnage, along came a guy with a GT and MB rig, well, the got thier boat launched bout 10 minutes or so before we did. We hit the channel and started runnin up river and within two or three miles, caught and passed said gentlemen!

I was turning 3950 on the way back and am runnin a 1654 X1 with a 32 PD :tu

2. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

was it a long tail or short and what size:rolleyes:

3. Mudhole

Mudhole Senior Refuge Member

It was a short tail 35, I only compare apples to apples!

4. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

never mind

5. muddydogs

muddydogs Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

So I guess you are trying to say your PD is so much better then the MB but were are the facts. How fast were you going? How fast was the other guy going? What rig were you racing? Was the other boat running at WOT the hole time or at any time? Did the other guy stop and if so how many times? What was your load weight? What was the load weight in the other boat? You state you only compare apples to apples so were is the apples for both rigs. When you can answer all the above questions we will really see if you did anything special until then all you did was pass some guy on the water which in my book is not very exciting unless your life is that dull that you have to make something out of nothing to get some excitement in your life.

6. La. Coot

La. Coot Senior Refuge Member

I guess the MB boys must of stopped some where on the way so you could catch em! Maybe they stopped at Mickey D's for breakfast.

Otherwise, 10 minute lead, two to three miles, I got to call BS on this one!!!!

or maybe, just maybe

They were not running WOT b/c they are cautious at running in the dark or something!

All of these motors when comparing apples to apples (HP to HP) run similar speeds of 1-3 mph of each other.

7. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

Or maybe the MB boys couldn't get on plane in the shallow water near the launch and they had to walk the boat out to deeper water.:rolleyes:

I've passed bass boats with my mud motor rig even in deep water!! I guess their 200hp Merc just couldn't handle the power of my lawnmower powered rig!!:tu

8. glider

glider Senior Refuge Member

"IF" I was on my way to go hunting and noticed a boat catching me. If I wasn't already at WOT you can bet your @ss that I would be immediately. That is the kind of person I am, I go as fast as I think is "safe" until I think I'm getting beat to my hole.

The person you caught probably was not Ricky Bobby in a boat and wasn't at WOT. With that being said: I do love the feeling of running someone down on the water, no matter the size of the engine, or getting my boat unloaded the fastest at the ramp.

Congrats on your kill.:tu

9. Perch_44

Perch_44 Elite Refuge Member

apples to apples LOL

Mines a short tail 35, letÂ’s go for pinks. :grvn

If you aint seen close to 40 mph don't even bother to show up, just mail the slip to me. :dv

10. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Let me guess you were probably in reverse also:rolleyes: