Caught me a Mud Buddy!

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Mudhole, Sep 25, 2006.

1. hershdt

hershdt Refuge Member

to rg567: these motors do not break in.whatever you are running the first time out is what you will always get.your high, smoking dope in a tornado if you think your gonna gain power after a few hours.

2. rg567

rg567 Senior Refuge Member

Run one on a dyno sometime then come talk to me, apologize and tell everyone that I was right.............Dumbazz:rolleyes:

3. hershdt

hershdt Refuge Member

rg567894321: you can put one on a dyno all you want.you full of it.

4. rg567

Not sure if you're just trying to light me up or if you actually believe what you're typing, but I've run hundreds of engines on the dyno, maybe thousands, and the results are always the same. Every engine increases power as it breaks in. You may think I'm full of it, but this is not debatable, it is a FACT. Why the F do you think the mileage on a brand new truck/car increases after you get some miles on it? Don't challenge me on things you have no clue about...

5. extra mud

extra mud Elite Refuge Member

RG . lighten up bro ! Im on board with what your saying 100% . What Im getting at, is I some think to some theres this magical break in that makes the motor seem like they gained 25% more power .
    Oh yeh , check your voice mail .

6. rg567

No problems here EM. I know you know whats up. I'm sure more of the realized speed gains are from the prop wearing in than from the engine breaking in, but it still happens. I'm just tryin to help blind hershy see the light:tu

7. hershdt

hershdt Refuge Member

to rg567:i'm not challenging you on something you know about,obviously.f.o. bro

8. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Senior Refuge Member

When you are talking about a green block and unseated rings you will see a power increase. RG said most people will not notice a thing but it will happen. If anyone is getting a new motor it would be interesting to see a compression test with no hours on the motor and another one at 20 hours.