Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

CD or tape e-caller

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by snowbird, Jan 6, 2004.

1. snowbird

snowbird Senior Refuge Member

I am planning on making an e-caller for the spring with four speakers. I want it to be very loud and very clear. Will the CD player give me a clearer sound or is the quality of the speaker more important?

I hate tape players as they tend to stop at the worst time. For those of you who have used the CD players have you had problems with dirt and dust causing malfunctions?

2. mrdux

mrdux Elite Refuge Member

Get a cassette deck with auto-reverse. I haven't used the CD. What I do on my tape deck is rewind it to the very first when we have a lull, that way it will play all the way thru should you get birds working. My Johnny Stewart isn't auto reverse and I use a 90 minute tape in it.

3. kansasgoose

kansasgoose Senior Refuge Member

I went with a digital system, never have to rewind, no tapes or CD's to go bad, just have to keep good batteries in it and plenty of shells to shoot.

I havnt noticed any real difference in the problems incountered using a tape vs a CD, both work about the same. I have noticed that many people like wireless speakers though. If your just now building one, that would be something to consider.

4. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

I use the cassette also.

5. snowgoosegear

snowgoosegear Senior Refuge Member Sponsor