Center console boat blinds

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Duane Read, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Duane Read

Duane Read Senior Refuge Member

I have a Maycraft 1800 that i am using for hunting this year and trying to decide if I should put a blind on it and how I'm going to do it. If anyone has built a blind on a similar boat could you please post some pictures.

2. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

We've been running Center Consoles as our primary tenders and hunt boats for years. The welded aluminum "Big Grey" was an 19 footer that we hunted over many seasons,
    [​IMG]
    and our current tender "Siwash" is a 22' CC custom built right here in Port Townsend 10 years ago this Fall.

[​IMG]

Both hid very well despite their size. Bent aluminum tube frames support the marine canvas blind, then collapse into the gunnels when underway. Plenty of room for layout or Aquapod boats up on the bow forward of the console.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Very effective on divers and sea ducks and convenient. Over the years geese and many puddlers have been fooled by the float as well.
    [​IMG]
    ...cormorants sometimes added for confidence, they perch on anything tall around here. :tu

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Duane Read likes this.
  3. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Dug out this old pic from the 90's of our first CC boat and blind. She was an 18' fiberglass Campion fitted with plastic conduit and draped marine canvas... many a sea duck met their demise to that hull !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duane Read likes this.
  4. Chance1

Chance1 Senior Refuge Member

I ‘ve got a 20’ Lowe center console. I use a conduit frame and hang Camo netting over it. It works up against tile walls or in the tops of flooded trees.

Duane Read likes this.
  5. Irish eyes

Irish eyes Senior Refuge Member

You might Look into the Beavertail blinds. I use one on a 18 foot Crestliner. It has a side console but I believe it would fit a center console just as well