Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Central Opener

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Jon C, Oct 27, 2017.

1. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

I certainly hope so. I hunt south of Havana about 20 miles. Been absolutely dead for 3 weeks.

2. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Hope anyone in a blind today didn't run into the 60+ mph winds we had today, or they still might be there. Being garbage day in my town, it was like running an obstacle course driving today.

Jon C likes this.
  3. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

I hunted yesterday by myself.It was a little brezzy picking up the decoys.
    Had a nice hole broken out in the ice and birds working.About 11:30 the wind
    pushed my hole shut and I quit.

Danny

4. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I was in the garage (door open) cleaning a deer head for CWD when a big gust came thru. I then noticed papers all over the street. It turns out a neighbor had their mailbox blow open with the gust and their mail was all over the place. I yelled at my wife and kids to help pick up the neighbors mail ( Them = 'Huh? What ? ....Me = " Now dammit !" ) before it blew out of the county.

Just before a piece went down into the gutter, I was able to put a foot on it ( no hands due to blood covered latex gloves ) and noticed it was a Christmas card to the neighbors kids....probably from their grandma, full of Christmas money & / or gift cards.....I shouldve kept it but the Duck God Karma woulda gotten me.

Ya, that wind was a son-of-a-gun yesterday. I bet it made for some good huntin' at Braidwood, though. :joker:dv

Jon C likes this.
  5. riverrat47

We had steady winds of around 40 mph, with numerous gusts of over 60, not subsiding till after dark. I wouldn't have wanted to be out on any big water.

Jon C likes this.
  6. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

Awww come Ed,you candy butt.

Danny

riverrat47 and Jon C like this.
  7. riverrat47

Danny, in my younger years I did some pretty stupid things just to kill a duck or two. Spent more than one night camped on an island. Either I've gotten smarter or I just don't hate them enough now days. It must be the latter as everyone I know would argue that I sure haven't gotten any smarter.

Jon C likes this.
  8. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

Very slow today

Attached Files:

9. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

Straight up boredom today... Snapchat-1012008530.jpg

stevena198301 and Jon C like this.
  10. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

2WIDGN...she feels your pain...if I told you guys how much I drove today to hunt ducks in the am and be in a pit in the evening you would say I'm crazy... (beginning to think I am). Let's just say the boys, dog and I were east bound and down at 4am then traveled further west for the evening hunt..long day no shots fired..fun had by all 20171209_072518.jpg