Char's Barn

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Charolais, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Charolais

Charolais Guest

I was told to go ahead and start my thread, I don't feel comfortable mooing all over with my nonsense here- like I've said, I don't have alot to add to "duck hunting" or any other hunting. But, I like you people and you all have made me feel very welcome here.

So, I'll visit with ya all here, keep the yakking of total nonsense focused right here, and I'll check this from time to time.

So, you can hang out, play with the tractors, be nice to the cattle and get them damn ducks outa my barn!!!

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Guys,

Let's give Char a warm welcome here. I've been reading her stuff, and she's alright by me. Based on what I've seen so far, she can out-shoot, out-drink, out-cuss, out-think, and certainly out-computer most of us. Me, at least.

I'm not sure where her posts are going to go, but she has a very wide range of experiences and talents, and she brings a new perspective to the Refuge and the Hunters' Rights Forum.

She can take care of herself, but the standing policy in my forum is that personal attacks will be deleted.

Wecome, Char!

David

3. Packman

Packman Elite Refuge Member

If this barn is anything like the one over on your website than it will be another work of american art. That is one awesome barn.

4. Charolais

Charolais Guest

<<<Cow takes a bow>>>

Well, I do thank you all for the very nice welcome I've seen in everyone's posts here-

I know this is a "political forum" and dang, I'm really, really stupid politically till you get me going on the Farming Subsidies.

We DON'T wanna go there. Nothing torques my bovine butt more than seeing the gripes and whines about the Farm Subsidy bill, especially from stoopid city-slicking idiots that have NO clue as to what farming, putting a crop in and all the overhead really is.

I'm not the smartest cow in the world, but I do like to have fun on BBS forums, have moderated a few, and have 5 right now, 1 I'm co-moderating with one of your members.

I've met some nice people here, even started corresponding with a few, and I hope we can all build a good relationship for a long time to come (provided I can pay my ISP).

Anyone is welcome to email me, at any time- I try to be an accessible person................. no you may NOT have my cell phone number...............................

All I can tell ya all is this, what you see is what you get- I'm EXACTLY the same way in my real life as on these boards. Direct, blunt and sometimes confrontational. I try not to be rude till someone's rude to me first.

Anyway, I started out on this forum, I'll probably stick around here- God only knows I have NOTHING to contribute to goose hunting or any other shoot a bird subject, and I look forward to lots of fun, humor and good times with you all.

I'll give ya a bit of a bio in a few, I'm multi-tasking right now.......... damn books need to be slammed in this freakin' puter.

5. Packman

Her is a picture of her Barn for those that don't get over there.

P.S. Char I just can't seem to type the word "the" right see "teh". Your picture looks lots better with out my typo ,sorry.

6. Charolais

Charolais Guest

That isn't even the completed project, the cupolas have windows all the way around, and the lightning balls are up now.

We won't paint it for a year, and I'm leaving an open invitation to ANYONE who wants to help!!!!!!!

I hate painting...........

Yep, it's a dream we've had for a long time- and finally came to fruition- with the help of our local bank and God knows they own us, lock stock and barrel.

I call that barn "Eternal Debt".

7. Packman

With an out of state turkey licence only being $55!!!!:eek: Lets make the painting be during the spring turkey season. Hunt in the morning and paint in the afternoon. How does that sound to everyone.

8. duckbttr

duckbttr Guest

9. Charolais

Charolais Guest

What, ya got some chocolate or something? Ya gonna share?

I do prefer Godviva Truffles................

10. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I read somewhere that the best way to eat chocolate was:

Dark, semi-sweet chocolate,

In a darkened room,

With a glass of good brandy, room temperature,

With some nice music playing.

Didn't say if you should be alone or not, tho!