Decoy Forum Sponsors

Cherokee Inflatable Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by lucky_man, Dec 18, 2018.

1. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

I was trying to find a couple dozen but am having no luck. They really move in the slightest wind and are easy to manipulate with a jerk line. But no one has them. Went to web site and says not there. Have they gone out of business? Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Dunno if they went out of business, but a few years back, I saw a whole bunch of them on clearance at Wal Mart, so maybe they did. I could never get them to act right on my jerk rig, but they do move really well in the wind. Mine kept wanting to flip over, and it looked unnatural. You can fit a half-dozen in a coat pocket. All the ones I have no longer held air, so I trashed them.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

I did a quick search. Nothing listed for sale/available since 2017

4. lucky_man

Dang. I keep seeing the turkey decoys but not the duck ones. Yeah was wanting to put a dozen or so out with regular decoys when the forecast called for very little wind to have some movement. River is up right now so jerk rig not really feasible in the hole I'm hunting without making a whole different system since water is 20 foot deep. But guess I'll have to.

5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

If there is much current in your hole your might look into river keels. G&H has something similar too. I bought 3 dozen of the old feather flex mallards, ugly as sin but boy do they move even when there isn't enough wind to make ripples on the water if you set them right so they float high. Another thing you could try is taking the keels off some old GHG's with the snap lock keel, tie a knot on the end of a thick line, run it up the keel slot and put a drop of hot glue behind it to hold the knot in place. The flat bottom lets them move well.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  6. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

I have two dozen of their featherlite dead ringers that I bought in 2007. I tried looking them up online this past week to inquire about buying some more and I can't find them anywhere. I remember when I bought them that I talked to both Freddy King and Rusty Creasy about them, as I think they were both hooked up pretty good with Cherokee sports. May try checking with them guys to see if they know what happened. They're more of a football type material that I have to sit up with a hand pump and air needle. Still look as good as the day I pulled them outta the box...and there's no keel so they dance like crazy

7. TJP

TJP Senior Refuge Member

I saw a few dozen at the Walmart in either Rice Lake or St Croix falls WI in June. Not sure if they’re still there, but they were 6 months ago.

8. lucky_man

^^^I went on walmart site and they said sold out. Might be bit of a drive for me to go from Mississippi to Wisconsin. Not enough sugar for the nickel.

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

10. ByroB

ByroB Refuge Member

Take a look at the Chicago area craigslist. There were like 4-5 dozen on there a couple days ago.