Decoy Forum Sponsors

Cherokee Inflatable Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by lucky_man, Dec 18, 2018.

1. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

I have some teal, mallards and gadwall that I might sell. I think I have 4 GWT, 6 feather lite mallards, 6 Fusion Mallards (Hard molded heads) and 6 gadwalls.

I killed piles of birds over them. People would laugh at me for them, but they work.

2. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have some. Friends hated hunting over them. My complaint is that you have to puff them up everyday. And that exposes you to beaver fever if hunting a beaver pond...... Being that the air inlet sits in the water.

Clayton likes this.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I tried them and saw no advantage to them. No lighter than keeled decoys and in fact heavier, pain to get inflated in the field and moved no better than the keeless decoys I was already using.

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You musta had different ones than I've seen. The ones I've used were lighter than any of my GHG, G&H, Dakota, or White Rock (Nomads with weighted keels) dekes. I also couldn't fit 6 of any of those named brands in a jacket pocket. That said, the situations where their usefulness outweighs their uselessness, is limited.

5. Clayton

Mine were the ones with the solid plastic head but most of the weight was in the flat internal keel. They were clearly heavier than any standard weighted keel decoy and similiar to oversize GHG.

6. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

That solid head caused the need for the much heavier keel and kept me from buying them. If they would have used a lighter head I would have bought dozens. Didn't buy the featherlites because I don't hunt mallards in areas with death march hikes in. I wanted about 5 dozen of the wigeon with the plastic head.

Clayton likes this.
  7. Clayton

I still doubt they would have been lighter than the keeless decoys we use nor moved any better. I had hoped they would be easy to reinflate once on location but found them to be a royal pain to inflate in the field.

8. Billy Bob

Do you pull the old GHG snap lock keels out and use for keelless?

9. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

The ones with the solid plastic head (fusion series) weigh half what my GHG and Hardcores weigh...

10. Billy Bob

Before you remove the keel from the other decoys, yes they do. After the keels are removed the GHG's are lighter.