Decoy Forum Sponsors

Cherokee Inflatable Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by lucky_man, Dec 18, 2018.

1. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

And more difficult to pack if space is at a premium.

2. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I have both the old snaplock keeled ones that I removed the keels but also the newer ones that I cut off all the keel except for enough for a tie off point. Done it on Avoan X decoys as well.

Billy Bob likes this.
  3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

But the keelless decoys are MUCH more durable and better looking decoy with better movement along with being lighter. I've tried several kinds of inflatables or collapsible and always go back the keelless. Advantages outweigh the disadvantages

Clayton likes this.
  4. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

You can get two keeless standards in each slot of a slotted bag. If the bag is designed for fullbodies then you can get two oversize per slot. 12 keeless are still less weight than 6 keeled.

5. slucrew1

slucrew1 Senior Refuge Member

I have 3 doz inflatable full body honkers, new in the box if anyone is interested. $100 plus shipping for all of them. Get them out of my shop! Located in Cali

6. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

I've had my Cherokee Sport decoys probably 8 years with zero issues. In that time I've also have fully flocked decoys by Don Mintz. While the flocked decoys were awesome, I saw zero difference in the way ducks reacted to the decoys. Now I go with whatever is lightest and can fit in a backpack. YMMV

Double Reed likes this.
  7. Double Reed

Double Reed Senior Refuge Member

I have had the Cherokee in multiple species. Loved them and used them for many many years. They were the ones with the foam in the heads. After some pretty hard use in all tempature conditions some started to leak at the seams.

Bought the Fusion series with the hard heads. More than half of them I bought out of 3 dozen the internal weight would break off inside and the decoy lean to one side.

Threw them into the trash.

I ran across a coworker that was starting out duck hunting and gave him all my inflatable ones left. That was a 5 years ago and he is still using them.

I could not find the ones with the foam in the heads anymore and would NOT buy the fusion series again.

I did see some at a store with nothing for filler in the head like foam just 100% inflatable. Wish I had bought them as I have a few walk in places and weight would be a factor.