Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Chessie breeders

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by pounder, Dec 14, 2003.

1. pounder

pounder Elite Refuge Member

I'm looking for chessie breeders in S. Alberta and Sask. Any help would be much appreciated, thanx.

2. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    Hey Pounder, did you try searching on the web, some breeders have web sites, where I purchased my 2 Chessies they have a website. Good luck.

3. brndawg1

brndawg1 Refuge Member

i don't think you'll find any in southern alberta or sask. not many cbr breeders in western canada.

there's one up around edmonton (beaumont maybe?) and a couple in bc i believe.

my chessie is from beartown chesapeakes in quebec. a friend in town is getting one from northern flight in idaho early in the new year.

the more active breeders are in quebec and ontario and are likely your best bet for finding litters with availability. there'd be plenty in the usa too.

4. buzzard

buzzard New Member

pounder are you still looking for a chessie.I got an awsome dog.Picked it up at a breeder in moose jaw.sask.Reply back and ill give you the name and phone #.:)

5. pounder

pounder Elite Refuge Member

Hey buzzard, yup, still looking. send me a pm. Thanks man, owe you one!!

6. buzzard

buzzard New Member

Pounder you have a pm.

7. B52-man

B52-man Elite Refuge Member

I know you guy's are talking pups.
    What about if someone was thinking about a started dog?I've been thinking for awhile now,but don't have the know how to train a pup.

8. Rockblind

Hey Warren, I never trained a pup either. It was quite rewarding when I did. What I did prior was I purchased a couple of books on training Pup's and also on Training in general. This is what I did and at the same time my kids enjoyed a puppy around the house! For sure when you get a starter dog it will be probably trained better then me or you could ever do as this is not our profession.

9. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

I just opened up" Ten Minute Retriever" this morning. I Want to be armed with good knowledge when I get my pup in march. If I do well with this one I could give you some help or at least lend you my book Warren. The guys over on the gun dog forum also recomend "Smart Work" by Evan Graham who is also a regular on the forum. If you have the time and energy to put into it I think it would be well worth your while.

10. Rockblind

Havenhunter, What type of dog are you getting?