Chevy Silverado or GMC Silverado 4x4?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Glades Ranger, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ducaholic

ducaholic Elite Refuge Member

If you can walk away from the dealer after tax title and license at about 36K not including down payment or trade in and get the options you described your making a helluva deal. 38k is probably more realistic.

I got away at 39k on my 2010 GMC modestly equipped Z-71. I'm going Chevy next year and hope to get a slightly better equipped Z-71 for 42k. List for about 48k.

As for tires forget about it till your ready for the second set.

2. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

There is no difference between chevy and gmc trucks other than the grill and the logo on the air bag. They follow one another down the same assembly line many times making it to the dealer with chevy badges on one side and gmc on the other. There was a difference a long time ago but not since the '70's.

3. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

But the body panels were different, at least the front quarters and the hoods on the 04-ish trucks. Looking back I wish I would've gone with GMC in 04, I'd probably still be driving it instead of the rice buggy.

A dude I know just bought a Chevy crew cab Z, if I remember right, 45 sticker I think he said they came off 6K.

4. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Long time to scratch your head...

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Am I the only one that finds $40k for a avg equipped truck ridiculous?

6. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

No, I find the prices for "hybrids" even more daunting. Paid 26K for my GMC 4x4 back in '04. What they are asking for currently is ridiculous, I haven't had a pay increase in years. I still have my '04 "glorified lawnmower" mud motor running solid.

7. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

No you're not.

Anyone bought a Platinum F150 lately? What about a Powerstroke or Duramax? Any current prices on those? I'm thinking 50ish for the F150 and 60+ for the diesels.

8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Oh yeah, $40k is for a basic truck these days. And tons of people get new ones every 2-4yrs. Nuts.

9. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Wow, all four trucks I've had, I have owned for at least 10 years each, meaning I have paid them all off after buying new, and then enjoyed five years of NO payments...can somebody explain to me the benefit of always having a monthly truck/vehicle payment? :D

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Same here; every vehicle I've ever had I got rid of with 250k plus miles.

I sold cars for 3 yrs though and before I left I traded in quite a few of the first ones I'd sold. Even crazier is they usually got the same danged thing!