Choke tube suggestions for my Baretta 3.5 xtrema

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Sep 20, 2017.

1. slucrew1

slucrew1 Senior Refuge Member

Wad wizard swat tube. You'll never look back.

2. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

I like what the guy said about smaller shot size,we use mostly 2s for geese but we use a load that has 1 9/16 ounce of shot and we get very few cripples even on our western big canadas.I would try something other than kent,but only because it patterns poorly out of my gun no matter what choke I use,factory or an aftermarket choke I have.Try the Drylock 3.5 #2s in 1 9/16 or if you can afford them Hevi Metal 2s wreak havoc on geese.

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Until you try a .695 or .700 Terror Tube..........they love #3's and 4's up to BBB.
    Just don't shoot anything larger than #2's out of the .695 if you shoot a Beretta or Benelli. Read their web site for the reason.:yes:tu

4. slucrew1

slucrew1 Senior Refuge Member

What I meant was the wad wizard extreme. Saw their damn heads off at 40 yards with 3 1/2" T shot.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Trulock Precision Hunter in SK1 choke. I have the A300 Extrema with 28" barrels (optima HP), and this combination is absolutely outstanding in all respects, and at just about any distance that I shoot at. I shoot most of the birds in the 15-25 yd range, but I do stretch it out to 40+ on occasion, and don't feel undergunned or underpatterned with this combination. I do have a SKII choke, but I find it a little too tight for anything under 30 yds. You can watch some of my videos, and you will see me shoot birds tight over the blocks, and pass shoot at 40+, and they are all with that same choke. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8hMNhL6GIiwxAWCpoBvIxQ/videos

6. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

Guys, I switched to 3's for ducks and continue to use BB's for geese and have been doing very well with my stock "M" choke.No reason to change just shoot em in close.I'm good to go.Thanks for the tips.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  7. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Same here! Use the Mod choke with #2's across the board for geese and ducks with NO problem but switch to IM with #2's also for snows.

8. Heronk77

Heronk77 Senior Refuge Member

I shoot a Beretta Xtrema 2 and 3" 1 1/4 oz Kent Fasteel shells. I have always used the OEM I/C choke which came with the gun. When I patterned that choke I found that it gives great patterns with the 1's and BB's I use for geese and the 3's I use for ducks from 20 to 35 yds which is the range I shoot at. As others have said, you really need to pattern the loads and choke you intend to use until you find a combination that works for you. From patterning other loads I know that the faster 3" 1 1/8 oz loads don't pattern as well in my gun and that the more expensive 3.5" loads don't pattern any better than the 3" 1 1/4 oz loads.

9. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

I use the kent 1-1/4 ox loads as well an to be honest I have not patterned the gun but will say without a doubt it kills birds.I have hunted more this year but have also bagged many more geese and ducks than in past years. I'm going to use up the other brands of misc. shells I have but after that's gone stick with kent like I had been doing a few years ago.