Church in the blind

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Duck am, Nov 13, 2013.

1. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

2. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

We all surrender our intellect when it comes to certain things. I lie to myself about my heathy eating habits. So I'm not calling christians idiots. My complaint is not that you believe in god per say. You might notice that the forum diest and I have very little to talk about. I think that those types of beliefs a a relic from a time when we didn't know very much about the natural world and things like natural disasters. It started with polythiesm.......everything had its own god. They simplified it during the bronze age with monothiesm.....one god to cover everything. Man kind is making progress. We are getting closer to the true number lol (zero)

3. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

Not really any of it, other than understanding something so large and complex. I do have a hard time believing that everything came from a single cell organism and became all that it is today, though. It just doesn't make sense to me. A puddle of goo became all the complexity and perfection that is around us today, with no intervention from a designer, creator, God, whatever you want to call it? I just can't get on board with that.

I could give you some pretty strong arguments based on my faith and the times that I believe God has proven Himself to me in pretty much undeniable ways. Its hard to attribute EVERYTHING to mere coincidence.

4. tubshooter

Any of you guys been watching the new FOX series COSMOS with Neil Degrasee Tyson?

5. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

I have not seen any of the series. What time does it air? I'll try and check it out

6. tubshooter

I think it's on Sunday night but I'm not certain. My DVR is set to catch new episodes when they come and I watch them when I have time. The series is a big hit with great reviews.