Cinn Teal - Help

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Feb 6, 2018.

1. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

Hi everyone,

Ok, so I do shoot cinnys each year at my blind...but not that many. GW teal are abundant but cinnys seem to be tough.

And I know there have been guys on here that have asked before about getting a hunt for them...

My request is for a guide to help someone from out of state get a cinn teal drake this Fall/winter. This hunter is motivated. Its on his bucket list. He has just about every other species available in north America. The red teal alludes him. He NEEDS to get his cinn teal.

Well, I got the call. But I only see a few each year. I know many more are around the Grasslands, but it seems not at my blind.

I know Jan is a good time to try for them - fully plumed and around in decent numbers. I know Kern refuge is a great place to get them...but this guy is hoping for a guide or private situation.

I am hopeful that someone here has some thoughts.

PMs are great.

Please help me help this hunter get that bird.

Also, he knows there are no guarantees......just looking for some one that would surely try

Thanks guys

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Mort and callinfowl like this.
  2. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

I wish him well in his quest. I have one hanging on the wall, but it is the only one I have shot. The only place that I have seen them consistently is just to the right of the viewing platform at the Sac Refuge Auto Tour.

3. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Since I shoot so many mallards it's obvious I don't target cinnamons....

4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I love how dedicated these guys and gals are going after their 41 species of north America waterfowl Grand Slam.
    I've been lucky to involed in help several people obtain their high 30's to final birds in their quest for the coveted N.A.W Grand Slam. If you ever get a chance to help one or two of these guys or gal's you won't meet a more appreciative hunter.
    It's a really big deal, and shows the extream passion that these N.A.W. guys and gals have in our lifestyle/ love for the marsh.
    Help if you can, these hunter's are the real deal and normally crack shots that are shooting the GOOD stuff.

Awesome topic Mr. Rick.:clap:tu:yes:bow

http://waterfowlerschallenge.com/

Calikev likes this.
  5. nicapopolis

nicapopolis Senior Refuge Member

Awesome thread Duck Fan. If I was still in So Cal I would try to help. Don't see many here in eastern Colorado, but we did shoot one during early teal season.

DuckFan likes this.
  6. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Ill have to see what next season brings but it could work out.

callinfowl and DuckFan like this.
  7. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Make sure to bump this thread up to the top come January... I can usually find a few at my place in the grasslands and would be more than happy to host a hunt.

Best bet would be to line up several options over the course of a few days... Those damn red teal never seem to show when you tell someone that you can get them one, so the more options, the better.

callinfowl likes this.
  8. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

It's hunting, no guarantees.
    make for great photo ops.
    [​IMG]
    Inspiration photo

callinfowl likes this.
  9. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Sorry about the typos, I hate these damn cell phones.:doh:doh:doh

10. Spoonie16

Spoonie16 Senior Refuge Member

9BD8D5EE-E9D1-49F5-9C4E-65DEECB3FC20.png IMG_1026.JPG Hard to guarantee, but they're out there

callinfowl and DuckFan like this.