Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Huntsprig, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Huntsprig

Huntsprig Elite Refuge Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...eat-climate-change-exaggerated-faulty-models/

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Phew... Good thing we got some more time. Al Gore has saved us all once again!

3. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

This is a lose-lose. Those who support AGW will point to it and say that it still shows warming, and we still have time to repent for our sins. Those who don't will say that since they relied on exaggerated data, it calls into question AGW in the first place..."fruit of the poisoned tree".

Or some scientist will question their credentials, arguing that their degrees and research were both from the educational and intellectual equivalent of "Denny's".

Part of the larger play, I guess...get everyone hooked on AGW, then bring out just enough to upset the apple cart, call for more research and confirm that...wait for it...we should be in a 10x greater panic than we were...

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Stop telling us the future Nostradamus, or at least put up a "Spoiler Alert"! :l

rhpierce likes this.
  5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Once the public is all lathered up by the panic, ya think the slop could get collected and sold as an anti warming elixir?

rhpierce likes this.
  6. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I mean, seriously...

North Korea
    Russia
    Hurricanes

if it wasn't so close to duck season, I think I'd just be hoping for a giant meteor.

API likes this.
  7. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Y'all miss the point of the article. It's purpose was to 1)provide cover for the Al Gore crowd who said doomsday was in 2017; 2) allow the scientists more time to keep feeding at the trough of government grants ; and 3) to tell us it's actually not too late to do something about it, because there is still time to save the world if only we give the government total control over our lives to stop this calamity.

8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

we've had mmgw

What's agw?

Some way to copyright natural climate change, then corrupt it?

9. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

I guess you don't understand how science works. Unlike most people on this forum, when new information becomes available knowledge is gained and the science moves forward. That is assuming the new information is deemed valid by peer review and further study.

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Since I am technically a 'scientist' and was a professional in a field that dealt with climate for nearly 15years, I probably DO understand it, and how it REALLY works, way better than you'll ever know. I've seen 'scientists' manipulate temperature data intentionally, then lie about it, AND present a united front to support the lies. Fact.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Michael and lugnut like this.