Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Huntsprig, Sep 19, 2017.

1. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Keep yer heads in the sand fellas, it'll all be fine.

Ramblingman likes this.
  2. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

So then, do you think it's a hoax perpetrated by China? Where do you stand?

3. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

I stand on the facts regarding climate, period: it is always in change, based on the sun and the oceans, and there is zero credible evidence that man has or can influence global climate, much less reverse natural change. My professional experience was that climate scientists are one of the most unethical groups of human beings ever, which is probably why they get along so well with leftists and politicians and lawyers. Now, I could be wrong, and we could get credible evidence one day....one day. However, climate would be changing if there was never any man. Convincing others of doom and gloom fallacies, based on cult prophecy is not science, it's big $...whether it's religion or 'science'.

4. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Of course they lie. Most published research is false. That is why peer review is so important. At the end of the day we usually get it right or further our understanding. We make predictions based on the science and learn from the results.

5. ALMODUX

When the majority of your peers are in on the gig, 'right' is generally wrong, to one degree or another....or do you think Washington gets it right, too. Call it the science swamp.

6. Ramblingman

Therein lies the problem. Your "facts" do not align with my facts. The facts I believe contradict the facts you believe. As an environmental scientist, I think the science is clear, anthropogenic impact on climate is real. I don't have a hint of doubt about it. I also believe evolution and carbon dating, so I am in the minority on this forum.

Phytoplankton likes this.
  7. snipe n

snipe n Senior Refuge Member

8. ALMODUX

Your arrogance and closed mindedness comes out in your need to attempt to ridicule something contrary to your admitted 'beliefs'. Maybe another Krakatoa will come along and they can 'adjust' their models again off of some singulars. There's no more valid 'proof' of human activity changing the global climate than there is of alien life. Saying some human activity isn't good for the overall environment or a localized biosphere doesn't mean there's MMGW any more than it means the sun and ocean don't continually change AND clean our climate and environment.

lugnut likes this.
  9. Ramblingman

No, the ridicule and closed mindedness is all over this PAF. It's a feeding frenzy for the near-sighted and narrow-minded.

10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Can always count on some to enlighten the rest.
    Yep, seeing how others are wrong must be exhilarating. But them, folks have used that approach for the eons. Hey, knowing the truth and light is how religion got started.